46 users online (0 members and 46 guests)  

Thread: Background help

Related

1. CSS background    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. Background colors. How?    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. Background Image    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4
  4. background mp3    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. background help    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Angry Background help

I know that so many people have asked this question but the replies that i have read hasn't help me none. I have an image that i want to make a background. When i use the code for a non-reapeating background, i end up with the picture in the top left hand corner. To make it short, how to i make an image a Full Page background?

Thanks
    Sky

Status

Re: Background help =(

Welcome to the forums, sky!
    Whether an image would take up the entire page background is dependent on the browser resolution, size of the image and size of the browser window. Perhaps what you'd really like to know is how to center that background image. Here is an example:
    Code:
    body {background-position: center center;
    background-image: url(images/imagename.gif)}
    Hope this helps.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

Thanks for the code, but it didn't work. My background wouldn't appear. Is there anyway to enlarge the image, or something. I have other backgrounds, but this is bothering me. I see that people make backgrounds all the time, and for some reason, this image won't work. Maybe it's just the image, i don't know. O, and another question. I saved an animated picture to use on a website, but 1. isn't not animated anymore and 2. around the picture is a white box. How do i remove that so that only the picture appears and not the white box around it. Sorry for so many questions and all, but i'm new at HTML and i'm trying to learn o.0.
    Thanks again,
    Sky

Status

You can't resize your image using HTML, if that's what you're asking. As for the image not showing up, do you know what dimensions the image is; e.g., 200 pixels by 200 pixels, or what?
    As for the image itself, we might need to see that to tell what you're talking about regarding the white image.
    BTW, don't worry about asking so many questions. That's what we're here for.

New User

Status

It's 597 pixels by 800 pixels. And the link to the one with the white box is:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/SouldofDarkness/light.jpg
    and do you know a good website that shows and explaines how to make layouts o.0...
    Thanks
    Sky

Status

I'm afraid layouts are not my specialty. Sorry. Perhaps someone else will have some thoughts on the subject.

Super Dooper Nerd

Status

can you give a link to a page with the problems you are having, with some text or something explaining the problem... it would be much eassier to help you that way

for the animated image problem... where did you get the file? and how did you save it? is it a gif? if not it has to be a gif or swf to have something animate (without using javascript).

-ALL