39 users online (0 members and 39 guests)  

Related

1. phpbb3 latest topics    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. Googles latest dance. TIPS?    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 6
  3. latest picture form Iraq    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 2
  4. Latest Visitors    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4
  5. My Latest SIte...    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 16

Status

Microsoft latest service!

Hi guys,
    This was going to happen and finally Microsoft has come out with its initial web hosting plan. What do you think about this?
    http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusine...ng/detail.mspx

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: Microsoft latest service!

I would love to know what peoples thoughts are on this. Here we have the 2 things that webmasters love to hate, those being Microsoft and web hosting.

On one hand I think it is all but guaranteed that they will be successful atleast in regards to Billys bottom line. What about the webmasters bottom line? We all know the bar in the web hosting industry is set extremely low, will Microsoft web hosting rise above and show others how it should be done? Maybe Microsoft will not be able to rise above thus giving the micro-haters more reason to rant.

I will save my thoughts, I want to hear others

D
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Super Dooper Nerd

Status

my oppinion... i think it is a bad move by microsoft...

like dave said, one thing webmasters hate is microsoft...

on top of that, have you seen their prices? they are extremely high for such little they offer!

i mean really, i have a 1gig, 50gig transfer, unlimited subdomains, unlimited mysql & SQL databases, php, asp, ftp, perl support, 10 parked domains, 10 addon domains, unlimited ftp accounts, unlimited email accounts. and the beauty of it all... I GOT IT FOR FREE!

i cant even think of how they expect people to pay $50 a month for 1/3 of what i get for free.

anyway... the only upside i can think of getting by using microsoft's webhosting, is 99.99999999999999999999% uptime rather than 99.7 or 99.9 (have you ever seem microsoft down? (i havn't)

also, some people (like my father and brother) are microsoft junkies, they will buy everything microsoft offers, this is bad for other webhosts.

i think it was a bad idea,
    -ALL

Status

The only people they'll get to sign up for their web hosting are people who haven't (or won't) shop around. It's crazy to pay twice the price for half the features of other hosting companies.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

And how much per minute will they charge you for support?