71 users online (0 members and 71 guests)  

Thread: Dynamic HTML

Related

1. Deleted dynamic URL’s    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 2
  2. Dynamic Combobox    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. dynamic forms    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Question Dynamic HTML

I have a form with several input fields and would like to have information updated on the window from the web server as the user is entering data, before the form is posted.

For example, the first field is a customer number. As soon as the customer number is entered (ie probably using the onBlur event) I would like to display the customer's name and address on the screen while the operator is still entering other details on the form.

One way I had thought of doing this would be to have this form in a visible frame. When the onBlur event occurs, the location of a hidden frame is updated. (ie onBlur="parent.hiddenFrame.location.href='getcust.cgi?
    custno=12345") When the hidden frame is loaded, it can update the details on the original form with information obtained from the web server.

Now even though this approach appears to work, it does seem an overly complex way of achieving the result. Is there an easier way of making this happen?

Thanks for your help,

Steve

Super Dooper Nerd

Status

Re: Dynamic HTML

doing it the way you said, is the "eassiest" way (that i can think of)

but if you want to go for the best looking, with less loading time, you could load a new javascript...

something like: onBlur="document.GetElementById('scriptsrc').src='location_of_some_script_that_outputs_what_you_need.cgi?custid=276643';"

then have that script setup to find a Div that you are going to put the stuff in, and change it to your needs.

do you kina understand?

-ALL

New User

Status

Thumbs up Re: Dynamic HTML

OK, thanks for that idea.

Steve