35 users online (1 members and 34 guests)  

Thread: Contests

Status

Contests

How about some contests on here? A lot of forums keep users active by posting contests with small prize rewards (such as "best avatar" or "best logo design for AHFB"... something like that). I don't know, I think it might be fun, especially if the winner got a prize or reward of some sort.

Just an idea.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: Contests

AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status

not exactly what I had in mind, but ok. touché

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

I understand what you are saying, and I probably would love to give prizes more than folks would like to get them.

You read the link so you have an understanding of the problem (I hate to use the word problem to describe the fact that people find the info they need and run off to apply the found solution). There are things I am working on to get the point out that besides the great help that people have always found here, it is a great place to hang around, chat and make pals. I am sure you noticed the mailer that went out a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately it is just not ready for prime time yet, but keep a lookout for more Of course the best way is for you to keep posting, welcoming others and starting new and interesting threads such as news and current events or just fun stuff.

I certainly recognize that you as well as others are doing your parts in helping and welcoming others. My first priority is to reward those that give of themselves with a little more than just an "allstar" button. Without you folks the site would not even exist. I admit I know very little and can rarely help with code questions myself. I also realize that I often come across as a jerk, sometimes intended others not. This is why I try not to post too often, I dont want to scare you away .

Dave

D
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Super Dooper Nerd

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    ... I often come across as a jerk ...
    Wow Dave, i don't know many people that will openly admit that they are a jerk (no offence)

i know i am often come off as a jerk in my forums, but i think it is one of those "hey he is an Admin, i'd better not mess with him" type of thing.

C.Whyte... it is a good idea, but there are not enough common people around this site. like Dave said... many of the people that come here use it as a pit stop... they don't actually keep up on asking or answering questions.