46 users online (0 members and 46 guests)  

Related

1. Format messed up    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4
  2. Messed up menu    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. I've Messed Up A Layout (it's covered over!)    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. Replies: 1
  5. background help    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Exclamation Messed up background

Please compare the code below with http://blackdeath.batcave.net

my website
    HTML Code:
    <BODY BGCOLOR="#400040" TEXT="#FF0000" LINK="#FF8040" VLINK="#FFFF00" ALINK="#00FFFF" BACKGROUND="mmbg-3.jpg" bgproperties="fixed">
    Here is the image so you can get an idea what it should look like:
    http://blackdeath.batcave.net/mmbg-3.jpg

Can someone tell me how to set this up so that the image appears only on the left-hand side of the screen?

Thanx...
    Last edited by HTML; 03-09-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Be Yourself

Status
    first off you have a busted link there...

second so let me get this straight----you want the background that you have now to only appear on the left handside of the page but your loading it up in <body> part? Hmm haven't really seen it done couldn't tell ya for my part if I wanted that I'd just set up a table and set the width to 50% and border to 0 but I don't know what else, or am getting this totally wrong?

Be Yourself

Status
    Dave I got a "could not deliver mail funtion" problem on that reply...it replied but above the waiting page it had that. Just letting you know.

Status
    The link's not broken. Batcave just prohibits hotlinking. Copy and paste the URL into the address section, and you should be able to see the image.

Status
    Black Death:

Derek is correct. Use BGcolor=#000000 in your body and move that BACKGROUND image to the first <TD VALIGN=top BACKGROUND=mmbg-3.jpg WIDTH=400>

of a <TABLE WIDTH=100% ...>

Leave the BGproperties=fixed there - it may or may not work but may not make any difference if you place the text in the right frame with a solid black background.

(Note to Admin: Ctrl-Z recovery doesn't work in this editing box.)

Another solution, in order to keep the fixed BGproperties, is to resize your background image to WIDTH=800 (or 796 or ???) with black filler to the right and then keep it in the <BODY ...> tag.
    Last edited by benzden; 02-18-2002 at 06:21 PM.

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    I think that if Black Death hasn't messed with tables before then benzden's second solution would do nicely. Just put it into a graphics editing program like Photoshop or one of those other ones that I never use and just make an image that is 796 X whatever length you need it. The reason for the 796 and not 800 would be to take into account the scroll bar for people on 800X600 resolution. If the image is 796 then they won't have a scrollbar on the bottom of their screen with as much a function as my "Pause/Break" key on my keyboard. Peace ouT!

New User

Status

Not what I'm lookin for

I think I'm not explaining myself well. You see, The backgorund I have Is a border, but for some reason the border is tiling, and I don't want it tiled I want it to strech over the background. I'm trying to remember how to do that. Think you guys could help?

Status
    Your background is an image - regardless of what you're calling it. Iimages will tile to fill the entire screen called for by the size of the page determined in the html encoding. The only way around that that I know of are the suggestions already offered.

If that's not your problem, then you're going to have to tell us the general coordinates (area) of the screen where your problem is ocurring.

The only borders I'm acquainted with are in <TABLE ...>s and surrounding images when not specified as BORDER=0. You don't have any <TABLE ...>s on that page and all your image borders are set to zero - BORDER=0.

P.S.
    Just noticed that your "dark realm.jpg" image has a space in it. If you want to keep the rest of your internet life less complicated, I'd suggest never using spaces in folders or file names associated with anything on the internet. A lot of programs, including Microsoft's own programs, have problems with those spaces - usually ignoring what comes after them to cause access or other errors. And, rather than underlines, use hyphens. Underlines appearing in URLs look like spaces - coming full circle with this problem when others try to duplicate that URL.