36 users online (2 members and 34 guests)  

New User

Status

Ribbons of a different spirit.

Hi,
    I live in MA in USA and I just started a website business. I have submitted my website to all of the major search engines....Now I am hoping to get some hits.
    My website contains original art on magnets and they are unique. I have designed it myself as I am a starving artist. I am looking for new ways of making money with my art it is what I love to do and I believe that's what I am here to do.
    It's not easy being an artist boy do I know that. My website was up for two months and I cannot seem to get much traffic and I am still starving (literally)..Ha ha ha (no lie) but I keep a positive outlook and I keep plugging away. If anyone can help give me some ideas I would greatly appreciate it. I am not asking for any money...just some advice, I don't want to sell my computer for food or hold a sign up at the street corner.
    Last edited by HTML; 12-06-2005 at 12:04 PM. Reason: signature should be set up in profile

Status

Re: Ribbons of a different spirit.

Welcome to the forum, vado1271.

It generally takes two or three months for a website to get fully indexed by the search engines, so patience is important. You could help promote it by setting up a signature line here in the forum with a link to it, or even giving a link to it in your public profile. I would visit you site, but I have no idea where it is!
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

http://www.abmagdesign.com/

New User

Status

For new websites itís important to let customers know about it. It is essential that you publish your site's URL on everything including brochures, business cards, and packaging and include it in all of your emails as a signature at the end.

Reciprocal links will help in getting relevant traffic. Get as many links as possible, the more the links the better search engine ranking you will get.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by etech-peter
    Reciprocal links will help in getting relevant traffic. Get as many links as possible, the more the links the better search engine ranking you will get.
    I would just modify this to say, get as many relevant links as possible. The search engines do pay attention to whether or not a link could be considered "related" to your site. Also, bear in mind that backlinks from link farms may harm rather than help your ranking. Quality links will help you more than quantity.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

Status

My advice to you is to make the site up first, then go for the money. I noticed that you already have a bunch of affiliate links (which i'm assuming you hope to make money off of), but what you are doing is actually one of the biggest mistakes seen with affy marketing. Take this site for example: it has more affiliate links than most of the sites out there, but he is only successful because he has built up reoccuring visitors and has SEO'd the site nicely. My recomondation is to get some content into your site, maybe update it a little bit (give it a cleaner, less clusterd look), get the traffic from recip links, then finally ad the advertisments and start making money. If you are looking for some programs that have the highest payouts PM me and I will shoot you some amazing programs.