41 users online (0 members and 41 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 0
  2. Replies: 0
  3. Search engine traffic versus link traffic.    Forum: Website Promotion Forum
    Replies: 6
    New User

Status

Help With Traffic

Hi,
    My site has been live for over a year now. I am trying to build more traffic to the site. The site is currently only getting about 25 hits per day. I have submitted the site to all the major search engines. I also have several links to other sites listed on my site.
    My site runs off a cms script, I was told that search engines don't like sites that run of scripts does anyone know if that is true?
    If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly apriciated.

Thank You,
    Brad P.
    Last edited by HTML; 12-18-2005 at 05:15 PM. Reason: signature should be setup in profile.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: Help With Traffic

Ideally dynamic URLs should be changed to static URLs using mod_rewrite. Additionally, and most importantly is the use of session IDs should be abandoned if used currently.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

Scripted pages that pass more than a single variable are overlooked by search engines. The algorythms recognize that they are dynamic pages and will not index them.
    The key to building a succesful dynamic site is making sure your database architecture utilizes true normalized form and only passes a single variable (primary key) from page to page. This causes a little more work on the coding side, but the results are obvious.
    I've spend a lot of time rebuilding "over the counter" shopping cart products because of this problem.
    Last edited by HTML; 02-03-2006 at 08:36 AM. Reason: signature must only be set up in profile

New User

Status

Here lately, it seems impossible to get good consistent ranking if you are in a wide market segment (selling digital camera's, for example). It might be worth your time looking at buying traffic.

self promotion removed

New User

Status

What is the difference between a dynamic url and a static? i dont understand this term, please explain as im fairly new to terms, thankyou
    Ideally dynamic URLs should be changed to static URLs using mod_rewrite. Additionally, and most importantly is the use of session IDs should be abandoned if used currently.

Dave

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

This page is a dynamic URL, note the ? and the info which follows.
    http://www.ahfb2000.com/bookstore/JavaScript/index.php is a static URL

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Disabled

Status

Quote Originally Posted by danlew View Post
    What is the difference between a dynamic url and a static? i dont understand this term, please explain as im fairly new to terms, thankyou

Dave
    Dynamic URL
    a page address that results from the search of a database-driven web site or the URL of a web site that runs a script. it contains query string (eg, ?page=5) at the end of the URL.

for example:
    http://*******************.blogspot.com/2007/11/richie-rich-poor-little-rich-boy.php?threadid=12345&sort=date

Static URL
    doesn't contains query string.
    for example:
    http://*******************.blogspot.com/2007/11/richie-rich-poor-little-rich-boy.html

Status

Quote Originally Posted by gingercaily View Post
    Dynamic URL
    a page address that results from the search of a database-driven web site or the URL of a web site that runs a script. it contains query string (eg, ?page=5) at the end of the URL.

for example:
    http://*******************.blogspot.com/2007/11/richie-rich-poor-little-rich-boy.php?threadid=12345&sort=date
    That is one way to do a dynamic URL. Another way is to have it appear as if it is a static URL when it fact it is dynamic. By way of example, I have a lot of web pages that look similar to this one:

http://www.napathon.net/BeeGees1.php

That is a dynamic web page which uses http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/misc/rewriteguide.html - htaccess
    to rewrite the URL, like so:

Code:
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteRule ^BeeGees([0-9]+)\.php /BeeGees.php?page=$1 [L]
    The script which that page uses can then capture the query string variable just as if the URL was being written the way you showed. It's pretty cool!
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

Well, for you to generate more traffic, create a more unique and quality site content to invite visitors to view your site. In that way, you can gain a lot of traffic and backlinks as well.

New User

Status

Well, it seems that you don't succeed on your SEO campaign. So, why don't you try SMO, since SMO is the one to generate a lot of traffic as well.

New User

Status

Promote your website through social media optimization to get traffic...

Status

Do you do SMO? If not, start doing SMO, its the best method in today's market to get unique and Targeted traffic to your site.

Disabled

Status

to get more traffic on your site,try to rank it in top 3 of major search engines or you can opt for social media marketing.

New User

Status

Better create a business page on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter & Google and post good quality post along with your website's link and pictures. Engage with your members by inviting to your page through your social IDs. This is one of the best way to increases your website traffic.