46 users online (0 members and 46 guests)  

Related

1. Date script on an Image    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. Replies: 2
  3. How to force IE act as an HTML checker?    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4
    New User

Status

Date Checker Script Sought?

I've been scouring the web for a particular date checker but all I seem to find are monthly calendars or holiday/home rental calendars which don't seem to do the same thing.
    The one I have been looking at is located at: http://www.fenlandstudio.co.uk/ - you'll need to click on the DISTINCTIVE WEDDINGS link down on the right, and then the AVAILABILITY CHECKER link at the top.
    Looking at the source code it is Form based, but I can't find anything searching the web that is like this.
    Can anyone help? Free script great if possible?

Oh! I forgot to metion - preferably not MySql based as I haven't got that far yet!
    Thanks
    choiceinvest
    Last edited by choiceinvest; 01-24-2006 at 06:06 PM.

Status

Re: Date Checker Script Sought?

Welcome to the forum, choiceinvest.

Have you checked hotscripts.com? I found a script called appointment scheduling that sounds like it might be what you need, except that it uses a MySQL database, which you said you didn't want. It's pretty unlikely that you will find one that doesn't use a database of some sort, just so you know.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

Re: Date Checker Script Sought?

Thanks for the welcome and reply, but there doesn't appear to be anything like this on most of the script sites I have looked at, they all seem to offer online calendars or appointment style systems.

I wouldn't have thought it needed a database as such (perhaps a flat one?) as nothing is entered other than by the site owner.

All it appears to be is a form based script, as it lists: days of the month, months and the year. The visitor, (at the site above it is wedding photography), then selects their date and is asked to press a button to check availability.

If the date is booked it is referred to an "apology page", if it is free it refers to their online enquiry form, so nothing is actually entered.

Obviously the site owner needs an access point to be able to entered booked dates, but that's all.

Any other help greatly appreciated.
    Mike. (choiceinvest)
    PS: The direct link to the checker page is: http://www.fenlandstudio.co.uk/available-checker.html