72 users online (1 members and 71 guests)  

Related

1. quick question about frames    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. question about targeting frames    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. frames question    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 22
  4. Advanced Textarea question    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. Basic question about Frames    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
    Evil twin of Dave

Status

Exclamation Advanced Frames Question?

Ok my friend and I are working on a total redesign for our site....have the layout, image all set for how we want it but we want the content to show up only in a specified area of the page. The picture of the are is here: http://colorconcepts.ukterrorist.com/wip/question.gif It's roughly in the middle of the page which will be a javascript pop up probably without scrollbars on the side or all the menu crap. That's just preliminary thought but I'm really not familiar with frames and how to do something like this. Thx in advance.

-Dave

Be Yourself

Status
    I think what you need is iframes. I don' t know them very well but here's a tutorial I just looked up:

http://www.trans4mind.com/personal_development/HTMLGuide/iframes.htm

Hope this helps.

Status
    You can have a pop-up as an alternative to frames or in addition to frames. That's an awfully large image to place in either a frame or a pop-up. I don't understand what the problem is with the image.

Are there more images that you want to line up with each other in order to make a very large image? That sounds like it might better be done in a table.

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    Sorry if I didn't make myself clear but Derek gave me what i'll probably end up using. I just was trying to explain what the page was going to look like.....too confusing to put into words i guess. But in that image....which will be the background for the page...there is a big box. We want the content to only show up inside that box. So this iframes will put a scroll bar inside that box and we will be able to put all of our content inside that box.

-Dave

Status
    Sounds like pitching pennies.

It may be a .css STYLE question.

Rather than place the box in the "fixed" background.gif, just create a bordered <TABLE ...> that'll fit approximately in the middle of the page (and background) to get the same effect with a whole lot less hassle and effort.