61 users online (1 members and 60 guests)  

New User

Status

I have a dilema and need help!

I have a site that a webmaster takes care of for me. I do not have access to the html because he has locked it up or whatever webmasters do so I cannot make any changes to the content (I know a little bit about how to do that). Anyway, I have not been able to contact him at all and I need to update some things on the site immediately.
    My question for you all is if I can never get in contact with him again is there a way for me to gain access to the html in order to make changes? Thank you for your help in advance.

Status

Re: I have a dilema and need help!

Who owns the domain? If you do, you should have the account username and password. If you don't know what that is for whatever reason, you should be able to get that from the domain registrar. Ditto with the web host.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

I have the username and password, but so does the webmaster. He uploaded the pages, etc. and goes in to update the site when it needs to be done. However, the html code is not visible, he has not added it to the file manager.

Status

What kind of control panel do you have on the hosting account? I can't believe you wouldn't be able to see all the website files from somewhere on the account. Regardless though, you should be able to use FTP client software and download all the website files to your PC.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

You have a PM.