46 users online (0 members and 46 guests)  

Thread: Final Code

Related

1. Replies: 0
  2. this is the code    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. Ignore code and link greeting note code    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

Final Code

Finally finished all the coding to my site. Everything appears to be working and I also ran the code through html validator and it showed no errors. However, I am now having problems in regards to different resolutions (it works fine in 800x600). Was wondering if someone who frequents these boards, is a trusted member, and has time would be willing to help me out with this by taking a look at my code work. I pretty much want it checked out to make sure the code looks good to someone in the know as well as helping me out with that resolution problem. Not looking for someone to do my work for me but to give me advice on what needs to be fixed etc... If you have the time please email me at agathon1@cox.net

New User

Status
    Actually anyone who can just take a look at my code for main, barracks and links and can help me with my resolution problem please shoot on over to members.cox.net/agathon1

Administrator

Status
    It looks perfect in 800*600.
    Heres how it looks in 1024*768 -

Your only problem, as far as I can see, is the width of the title image. And it doesn't look too bad at that resolution anyways, to be honest.

What problems are you having?
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    Well as in the pic you posted for the main page, the only problem is the title image and while its not horrible it doesnt align the gargoyle over the links. However, worse then this is on the links or barracks page where there is even more problems such as the links being aligned to the left and whatnot. Just doesnt look nice to me and while it functions I dont feel comfortable having anything that is not working 100%. Worse case scenario is I have to put up something that says can only be viewed in 800x600.

Administrator

Status
    Theres nothing worse than those 'You can only use this!' messages.

Try playing with splitting up the images more. Maybe if you split the title image inbetween the sword and the gargoyle, you could have a tiled background image inbetween them. Then the gargoyle could be placed in the correct place no matter what the resolution, and the backgorund tile image would stretch or shrink to fit.

Have a play.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Be Yourself

Status
    if you really want the 100% and there's no other way, you could use javascript:

Code:
    <script language="javascript">
    <!--
    var 800="..\800\index.html";
    var 1024="..\1024\index.html";
    var bigger="..\bigger\index.html";

var screenwidth=screen.width;

if (screenwidth=800) {
    location.href=800;
    }
    if (screenwidth=1024) {
    location.href=1024;
    }
    else {
    location.href=bigger;
    }
    -->
    </script>
    It just means you have slightly different pages to fit the screen sizes. Just an option.

New User

Status
    Well Im gonna try both of those options and see which one I figure out first but I appreciate the help as now I have some new ideas to work with. Thanks again.