46 users online (1 members and 45 guests)  

Related

1. Ecover graphic needed + long term graphic artist    Forum: Internet Services
    Replies: 0
  2. Tutorial sites for Graphic design !    Forum: Graphics Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. Graphic design program    Forum: Graphics Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Graphic Design for the website of Blood bank

Hi friends,
    I am designing a website for a blood bank, can anybody please guide me what should I keep in mind while creating the graphics and the layout of the website.
    and if anybody can give me some generalized tips for web designing...

Status

Re: Graphic Design for the website of Blood bank

This may sound stupid but ...
    Red is not an easy colour on the eyes!
    Your site's going to need it, but make sure you keep to deeper reds or 'washed out' images so it doesn't look like an advert for a B-Movie horror ...

bald headed old fart

Status
    chertsey, a small town 25 miles south west of london, england.

Hi there CAM Associates,

and a warm welcome to these forums.

The following link may not help much, but could bring a wry smile to your face....

New User

Status

I
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM Associates
    Hi friends,
    I am designing a website for a blood bank, can anybody please guide me what should I keep in mind while creating the graphics and the layout of the website.
    and if anybody can give me some generalized tips for web designing...
    I am a newbie at website design but I am a pro at surfing so I can let you in on a couple of issues that I have come across in many bad sites.

1. Make sure your images are small in file size for quick loading. If you need large images then use a link from the small image to display the large image. This will allow viewers to choose if they want to wait for a large image download.

2. Navigation Navigation Navigation....Ensure that your navigation is well liad out so that it is easy to get to any info or page within your site to any where else within your site. I have seen lots of sites that don't use good links to other pages or the links trap you into a page that you cant get back from.

I hope this helps and Good Luck!

New User

Status
    Good news

New User

Status

Hi,

I would like to congratulate for the taking up the project. Fine, let me come to the point directly. A website for a blood bank should be very simple. The background can be white and the font can be red for that matter so that it can highlight with some blood drops as the images or hire a graphic designer to design “Blood Drop”. Or “Heart” or “Medical Symbol”

The background color which I will if were in your place

MY FIRST PRIORITY would be White Background with Red colored Font, Images, or at least an image which highlights red to match the concept of the website say for example (a red colored PLUS SYMBOL, a red colored HEART), but don’t use red color as the website back ground. It will over tend the psychological response and will lead to a horror effect. You can also use some http://www.iconplant.com medical icons.

Meaning of Color:

White (Peace, Purity), Red (Love), Blue (Strong and Peaceful), Green (Growth, Health), Orange (Health, affection)

You can use the above colors for the Medical Industry.

Hope it was useful.

Status

I will second navigation in designing a website. That is always where I start. Think of websites you like that work well and you can quickly find what you are looking for. What do they do that makes that happen?

Also, for a specific company, look through all of their current pieces, business cards, logo, brochures, ads, etc. and consider their overall branding image. The website should support this image unless they want to change their image.

In general, text over images is hard to read, bright colored text can be hard to read, and flashing graphics are so passe.

Check with www.thecounter.com for current web user statistics, to find the best browser size for your site, or design for scalability to fit any browser.