47 users online (1 members and 46 guests)  

Thread: Give me a clue

Related

1. Please give ideas.    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  2. I'm new to ALL of this and Have No Clue    Forum: Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 5
  3. Absolutley No Clue    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 12
    Ugly Geezer

Status

Give me a clue

Anyone familiar with this service?

http://www.submitplus.com/

It looks dodgy to me me but I'm undecided. They seem a little vague which worries me.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Wow, I woke up kind of bummed, wondering how I can possibly get done all that I have on my plate for the week....really stressin'. All of a sudden I see a link to one of the best JOKE sites I have yet to lay eyes on.

"top 10 guaranteed" it says "Index Express includes top engines like HotBot, MSN (used by 56.5% of surfers) and AOL. learn more..." hmmm, sounds like they submit to the FREE directory DMOZ. By the way, this "top 10" bit, I guarantee if you submit yourself you will also get the same kind of "top 10 placement". It may be for a 10 word search string which somebody accidently typed in once, but not for any good one or two word search strings that get searched hundreds if not thousands of times a day.

"As always, the power of Doorway pages is magnetic... Properly prepared, Doorway pages produce fascinating results. And of course we do not use redirect scripts or meta refresh tags, instead we use a simple frame call... Totally invisible to your viewer and perfectly acceptable by all major search engines! " acceptable? this fool better check again.

ahh, this is what I was looking for "Approximately 30 - 45 days after we submit your pages to our search engine database, we email you a detailed keyword position report with either Alta Vista, AOL, Euroseek, DirectHit, Google, Excite, Northern Lights, Lycos, MSN, NBCi, Fast, HotBot, Webcrawler and or Yahoo! (Yahoo search only, powered by Google!). You will be in the top 10 positions in at least three of the above... Guaranteed! Your results will be with single or multiple keywords related to your web site content, service(s) or product(s)! "
    Alta Vista-WORTHLESS!
    AOL- can be useful, but submit thru DMOZ and get in FREE!
    Euroseek- that is funny
    Direct Hit- do not expect much traffic here
    Google- great index, fantastic traffic, here you do not even have to submit your site...they WILL find you, however, you may submit if you wish FREE!
    Excite- do not get excited on this one
    Fast- halfway decent, there are methods for FREE inclusion though
    Northern Light- hmmm, has anybody ever recieved ANY visitors?
    Lycos-yawn
    MSN - cha-ching again go thru Zeal for FREE and get in inktomi, you are now listed in MSN for FREE
    NBCi - is this guy for real?
    HotBot -god this is getting tiresome
    Webcrawler - hey this is not funny anymore!
    Yahoo- oh yeah the little details mentioned above "Yahoo search only, powered by Google!"

So for $329 you get bannable doorway pages, submitted to 1000 major search engines....there of course is not 1000 search engines so they fill in with FFA pages, which google has had a field day with the last few months.

I will make a deal, for only $300 dollars(a savings of $29) I will guarantee I get you banned from the engines, and listed in 1000 ffa pages which will spam your mail box for months too come, and if you are lucky your email will be sold to 1000's more

sorry, no quick solutions to SEO, however there are quick ways to fail and this is one.

regards,

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Ugly Geezer

Status
    Glad you liked it. I've always treat SEO/SEP as a process which takes months to acheive and tell anyone who asks the same. I wouldn't even consider paying the SE's themselves. Just wondered if anyone had had any good experiences with companies making big promises.

Be Yourself

Status
    What about Web Position Gold?

http://www.webposition.com

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Webposition gold is a dream come true

Undoubtedly you will here complaints from some users, some are justified, many are not.

To understand webpostion gold you must first understand the various tools that it encompasses.

Reporter - This is my most frequently used tool, it shows you your ranking specific search engines for specific search words or phrases. It lets you know how many positions you have gained or lost since your last run as well as an alert report that is really helpful. You can also look at the trend report which shows you not only what has picked up or dropped off since the last run, but shows the trend for every report generated.
    This is also the report where you will see people say "google banned my site because of webposition gold". This is simply NOT true, google will not ban a site for running this software, it has on very rare occasion banned a users ip from accessing its database, so when you try to visit google you cannot. Again this is very very rare and usually happens to those with many sites and many keywords to search. I myself usually run it about once a week, with about 10-12 search terms and have yet to have my ip blocked.

Page Generator - just a doorway page creator, I do not reccommend using this tool.

Page Critic - This is what makes it worth its weight in (webposition)gold (sorry could not resist) This is where you learn what the successful sites are doing that is different from yourself. Most of us are aware that there are no real answers when it comes to SEO, nobody can say, "if you have a keyword density of 3.7% you will be #1" The ONLY way to consistantly get great rankings is to watch what others are doing for the same keyword or phrase. I have NEVER seen a better way of doing this than with this tool. Research is the name of the game and page critic is the equiptment.

Upload Manager - anybody care to chime in on this one?

Submitter - DO NOT USE! If you are to lazy to submit to the major engines by hand you need to find something else to do, and the engines feel the same way. Remember, search engines do not like anything but manual submission.

Traffic Analyzer - a nifty little counter tracking script, I have not used it cause I just use my weblogs, but it looks like a good enough tool. Anybody have comments on it?

Scheduler - Allows you to set up a scheduled run of your reports.

If you do not understand the shortcomings of this product you could be in for a disaster. With the information I provided you this product would be the best investment that could ever be made for a webmaster.

I hesitate putting my affiliate link, I want you to know that these are my honest feelings and not a pitch, if you want it let me know and I will post it. Regardless if it is thru my affiliate link or if you go staright thru webpostion gold, I highly reccommend you try it.

Dave

Be Yourself

Status
    It may be a while (probably after I've finished my class, and have more time to work on it) I can get the big PHP-MySQL parts of my site done and finish my tutorials. But as soon as that's ready and everythings uploaded, I'll be sure to ask for your affiliate link

I've got another question: My college web space gives me plenty of room, and it supports everything, so I've been thinking about using that instead of buying my own domain. BUT, do search engines list you hire if you have your own .com? If they do I'll consider it worth the money.

Administrator

Status

Good question

Will the search engines look at a domain like www.geocities.com/neighborhood/yaddayaddayadda and push it down, no they will not. Will a person that has a cellphone site and a url of cellphones.com rank higher than a cellphone site with a url of xyz, for the search term cellphones they most certainly will. Take a look around google, you will see a bunch of www.keyword-keyword-keyword-keyword.coms of course this example is being recognized as spam you still understand. All things being equal except the domain, the domain with the keyword rich url will almost always rank higher for the given search words.

Dave

Be Yourself

Status
    What if my address is this?

http://jupiter.cs.dixie.edu/~dpetersen/NameOfMySite

Would it still list it .com's higher if I have the name of my site (in other words a key word) at the end of the url?

New User

Status
    Hello derek,

Yes your page will still rank well. The url you posted is a name based ip. Google does not have a problem with these links as stated previously.
    If you include your keywords in your page names eg. pagename.htm and/or in your subdirectories eg mainurl.com/subdirectorykeyword/
    But the engine will give your page more strength if it is closer to the root directory. Google specifically is great for crawling your whole site so it should not be a problem in that case.

Happy hand submitting !