33 users online (1 members and 32 guests)  

Related

1. Disable the Save Function    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. javascript in adobe acrobat    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. Replies: 1
  4. ActiveX Object for Acrobat reader 8 in Firefox    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. Replies: 4
    New User

Status

How to disable Save As option in Acrobat Reader Plug-in using Javascript

Hi,
    The website that I'm developing opens PDF files on clicking links. These PDF files have their copy, print and save disabled using PDF security options. Still, on displaying the files in browser plugin, save button is enable. Is there anyway to disable the menu item using javascript. Or is there a way we can hide menubar and toolbar of the reader programmatically?
    Thanks in advance.

Status

Re: How to disable Save As option in Acrobat Reader Plug-in using Javascript

Wow, it's been a loooooong time since I last poked my head in here. What do you know: the first post I see is another "how do I disable the 'save as' feature?
    Unless things have changed since I was here last, I don't think that there is any failsafe way to prevent somebody from saving something they see on the 'net.
    Why do you want to prevent somebody from saving the PDF. Are you also trying to discourage printing the doc? Or is the intention that they are only able to print the doc?
    Alot of artists are concerned about having pictures of their artwork copied from the 'net. One association I know of tells it's members that if they want to prevent the theft then they should do their artwork in Flash.
    Other's may know a way to do what you want. I'm interested if there actually is a way myself [smilie=4,7,7]
    BTW, good job with the site, folks!

New User

Status

Any follow up on this ? Is there an option to complete disable the save button ? I still want to give the option to print it.

New User

Status

We are building a kiosk application and we need to show some PDF files in a IE session. However, we must disable the "save as" functionnality as any function which would give access to file system and printer.
    I've seen that it was possible to remove the menu and button bars but file functions are still available using shortcuts.
    Does anyone know if it's possible to set such parameters in the Acrobat plugin?
    Thanks.

Status

There is no simple solution. You should be able to hide the toolbar using the recommendation here.

The only other option is to use another product to display the PDF.

Really, the issue boils down to disabling both the shortcuts as well as the menu items.

You can also check out Adobe's documentation here. According to that, you can edit the Windows registry to disable the SaveAs. Not sure how that will work, but give it a shot.

New User

Status

Wink Re: How to disable Save As option in Acrobat Reader Plug-in using Javascript

<iframe SRC="test.PDF#toolbar=0&navpanes=0&scrollbar=0" style="z-index=1;position:relative;" width="400" height="250"></iframe>

This is disable Navigation Menus.

Surya R Praveen
    Senior Web Developer