30 users online (1 members and 29 guests)  

Related

1. another question about site content    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 1
    Disabled

Status

Driving traffic to site by having content on site

and having some material on it that people will want to visit and read may help dirive traffic to a site I woiuld think. It is good to join search engines and trade links but what good is it if you have little on your site and you get people to your site only to find there is nothing exciting to read or look at when there?! Just my opinion as I have added blog,writings,photos of me,videos,live cam feed,an online store,some neat graphics to my site to name but a few..

New User

Status

Re: DRiving traffic to site by havingcontent on site

Great content will keep someone on your site, or bring them back; but if you have lots of random non-like content on your site, your site will suffer from poor page rankings from search engines. The trick is content that is useful or helpful and making sure that overall content blends seaminglessly with the over all theme of your site.

Disabled

Status

Re: DRiving traffic to site by havingcontent on site

while I agree it is good to have content on site with a general theme...if one is an artist for instance it is common for us to have blogs where we can share our thoughts (as I enjoy writing,another art form) from time to time as well as different art work(sketches,paintings,photos taken of me and by me) one can buy. Also often such sites contain a profile page where an artist may reveal more on self. In my case I share how due to abuse as a child I have had some emotional and addiction issues as an adult. I describe this addiction and diagnoses and some reading material,online meetings,chat rooms,journals,therapy related to this. My site is a resource also taht others with these challenges can visit to deal. It is also for others who want to know more on these topics. Altho different themes are addressed here they do flow into one another and I believe one gets a sense of the author of site who has many interests and facets to persona,making for a more interesting,approachable,friendly site.