22 users online (0 members and 22 guests)  

Related

1. Help W/ interactive user input form    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. What's a good site for making animated GIF's?    Forum: Graphics Forum
    Replies: 4
  3. Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Making my web site interactive

Hello,
    I am new to the forum and a noob webmaster. I own www.annuityiq.com and want to expand upon my site. I am looking to make it more interactive and instead of having my book down load I would like to have it web based. So I would need a script that would generate a password and user name after the customer pays. Now, my question, is there a script out there where I can input all my information and then have a sort by description?
    For example:
    I work with annuities so can I have sort by highest rated annuity, etc?
    Does this make sense? I am new and do not know that much about scripts. If any of you know what I am talking about please let me know where I can find it or if you offer it I would like tohire you to install it! This is something I need to get done ASAP. My customers are asking for it and it would give me more credability.
    Sorry if I posted in the wrong area, but I have no idea what kind of script it is I need.
    Thanks,
    Scott
    Last edited by HTML; 03-16-2007 at 11:04 AM.

Status

Re: Not sure where to post this

It's not so much a script you need, but a database.
    You'll need to check what your host offers, but PHP/mySQL are normally a good combination. Sorry - just checked, and you've got what looks like phpBB, so that's definitely available - you might well be able to add a field (or fields) to the phpBB database that records their subscription, type, duration, whatever you need. With that in place, you can get the download page to query the DB - if they're subscribers, the php generates the "book" - if not it generates a "subscribe here" page.
    As for how to do it ... that's a bit out of my depth at present

New User

Status

Re: Making my web site interactive

TY dead, I appreciate the help. I am working on a couple of things now so I hope it works out, fingers crossed.