33 users online (1 members and 32 guests)  

Thread: Google Update?

Related

1. Google backlink update    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 7
  2. Google is doing a Pagerank Update!    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. Google Update.    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 5
    New User

Status

Google Update?

Hello,
    I am busy tonight, lol. Any how I got a couple of interesting things happening, my site annuityiq.com launched in late March, officially. I had a garbage site up for about a month I think, but anyhow I have been spidered by all the SE, good news of course. But I have a PR of 3 already? Doesn't that seem odd to anyone? I mean in a couple of weeks I went from PR 0 to PR3.
    Not only that but the darn googlebot is hitting my site, I might be wrong, but it looks like 100 times a day. My server report says 689 hits from google, keep in mind we are talking a period of only 2 weeks or so. Any ideas out there over why this is happening? I guess I am not complaining I have 20 pages indexed with them and I am happy with the PR3, but they are killing my bandwidth and it seems just wierd. I thought maybe I caught an update or something could that explain the PR3?
    Also anyone know where I can find a keyword report for my site that will show where I rank in the search engines for those keywords?
    Sorry for all the questions!

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: Google Update?

Do not get too excited about having a PR3, first you must remember that toolbar PR is not real PR. Second it is not uncommon for new sites to show toolbar PR than to have it vanish shortly after.

In regards to the spider activity, what size account do you have that this is killing your bandwith?

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

It really is not killing my bandwidth, it just is not helpin git at all. I have 50GB and google is coming at a pace of 100 times a day still. How long does it take before Google will pick me up in the search results? I show for some keywords already in MSN and Yahoo.

New User

Status

That depends on your keywords and how cometitive they are. Generally, google will be the last SE you will get rankings on. MSN is by far the fastest, and Yahoo is a little quicker than Google. Both Yahoo and Google are starting to pick up the pace at which they crawl sites. I've seen a steady climb for my site in the 4 months it has been live. Patience will get you there.

New User

Status

hi,
    i would like to congratulate you to have a page rank of 3 . As dave rightly said that tool bar page rank is not the real page rank.your site is a new site and suddenly it has got the page rank of 3. to mantain this page rank try to bring some quality back links otherwise your site may be vanished any time. try to be care ful.