39 users online (1 members and 38 guests)  

Thread: Table problems

Related

1. old problems    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4
  2. Replies: 5
  3. Table problems and background question    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  4. ie6 problems    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  5. I'm have some JS problems please help.    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 5

Status

Table problems

Hey everybody, long time no see! I switched computers and lost the link to the forum, but I found it again (oh no! haha) so I've got a question

I've got a website up at

http://www.freewebs.com/kevinbrownwd

now, the site works fine in Fire Fox, but in IE the tables don't seem to fit together properly. there are gaps everywhere that aren't supposed to be *there are supposed to be gaps between left grass and right grass, left dirt and right dirt, and grass and dirt on both sides* but between the grass and the signs and everything above that there should be no gaps. I'd appreciate the help!

THANK YOU!

-Kevin

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: Table problems

Close all the empty rows in your raw code and open and close all of the cells on the same line....watch the magic
    edited to add, you should use the HTML Validator. I saw a missing head tag, no open or closing body tags, or closing html tag as well as some funny scripting at the bottom.
    Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status

the funny script at the bottom, are you refering to

Code:
    <!-- --><script type="text/javascript" src="/i.js"></script>
    if you are, Freewebs added that on without my consent? I ran it through the validator and was confused beyond my wildest nightmare. despite my confusion I did manage to get the gaps to go away but I do have one more problem. there is a space between the top table and the bottom table, is there anyway to get rid of the gap?

It's almost like it's automatically putting in a line break or something... maybe I'm just missing something...?

Status

Try adding cellspacing="0" into your <table> tag.
    That worked on mine.
    You might also want to start learning a bit of css, as you will get alot more control of the layout with that.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

If you are talking about the signs do the same to it as you did the rest and it will close up.

Status

Deadmeat I already have that in my table tags. and Dave I don't think I can do anything with that, it's two seperate tables.

I have a feeling there's always going to be that space between tables when you view it in IE. perhaps I'll have to make it all one table? I don't really know...

Status

apparently there's no way to edit your posts on the forum...heh

SO I redid some of the site nothing major, I made the signs and the grass one picture so if viewed in IE there's still a gap between the bottom of the grass and the dirt, but now in firefox there are no gaps in any of the site at all (it actually looks quite nice...go figure I wanted the gaps before) and I also added a little line of different color to sort of help you decipher the left column from the right when looking at the content or whatnot.

oh..there is an edit buttom, it just doesn't want to show up on my other posts. and just incase you were wondering, this site is yes for web design, but mainly for local bands and students that are either A too lazy to learn website stuff but still want to promote their bands B not willing to devote time or C well there is no C. I just figured I'd let you know because It doesn't seem like I'd be making professional sites. :-P

Status

alright, so I changed a bit more, I wanted to try and make the gap go away for IE users I changed the image that had the signs and made it part of the bottom table, but I have a new problem

the bottom table is made up of three columns. one on the left at 350 px wide a middle one at 1 px wide and a right at 349 px wide. so I've got it all set up..but the middle picture is going down. how is it going down???

http://www.freewebs.com/kevinbrownwd/Newindex.html

i'm focusing on that page, once I get one of the pages the others are pretty much the same. they all have the same layout. Please help!

Thank you, I apologize for triple posting and whatnot, but I can't edit posts after a certain amount of time.

Administrator

Status

I am not sure I understand what you mean by "going down"

D

Status

well, when you click the last link I put on this board, it brings you to the page I've made if you open it in mozilla firefox it looks fine ( http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f330/kevinbrownwd/blah2.jpg ) , but if you open it in IE it doesn't, the middle picture *that is 1 pixel wide* moves down on it's own and looks like ( http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f330/kevinbrownwd/blah.jpg )

I hope that makes it a little easier to understand

Administrator

Status

It is still an issue with IE interpreting spaces. Place the td with your map on 1 line and it should fix it.

Status

AH thank you very much!!! it works now!