23 users online (1 members and 22 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 1
  2. Replies: 5
  3. Link trades with games or joke sites    Forum: Link Exchange
    Replies: 0
    New User

Status

(question)Games on some sites

SO FAR YALL BEEN COOL WITH ANOTHER THREAD I MADE AND IT BEIN' LONG.....IM SORRY I JUST GET CARRIED AWAY WITH DA KEYBOARD BUT IF U CAN TAKE THE TIME 2 READ THIS AND HELP ME OUT IT WOULD BE NICE. THANX IN ADVANCE.

ok i've been wantin' to get this forum....right now i don't got much experience or money 2 put money in to get traffic and a good host so i just decided to use invision for awhile....at the meantime it's down due to some server changes or sumthin'

anyways since im goin' to be usin' a free host i know things are kinda limited 4 me so i wanted 2 atleast TRY to attract people to my site. its gonna be a rap forum so i decided to upload 1 song a week to get some leechers to the site and tell their friends u can get a free track if u go to ............ then it kinda hit me that even though "i" bought the cd that it would be a copywrite law thing and be illegal 4 me to do so.

so after getttin' off topic and throwin' u guys off and pissin' u off 4 readin' so much of my b.s.......

i later on decided i would put games on my site, i found a site that gives the html, and i wanted 2 take them but when i got the html it gives me a nice little thumbnail of the game in the code as well as "CLICK HERE TO PLAY" link at the bottom of it. Bad thing is it will redirect my traffic to the site to run the game from the source, of course.

MY QUESTIONS ARE : How would i be able 2 take games without givin' people who visit my site a redirection to the other site? How would i, if possible, make the games run without that redirection on the html?

i don't know if yall play online games much when your bored but haven't u noticed that the exact same games run off of different sites and have the same thumbnail pics? How do they do that without that redirection 2 the original site who hosts the games and is that against some copywrite law? ALSO if i CAN'T do that on my free forum can u explain how i would be able 2 do that with a paid forum?

P.S. me bein' on a no payment budget right now i also got a geocite which i plan on bein' my "home page" and i added a tab on top 2 my forum so if it is possible to put games on my geocite please tell me.....im very computer illeterate and appricate all your help guys thanx

Status

Re: (question)Games on some sites

Regarding the redirection to another site, you better read very carefully the terms of use agreement for those games. There is most likely a clause in it stating that removal of the redirection is a violation of the terms of use.

Regarding whether any game will run on a free site, it depends on the game and what kind of server requirements it has. We can't answer that question without specifics.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more