44 users online (0 members and 44 guests)  

Related

1. PHP Installation    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 48
  2. Need help on Apache Installation Please    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. IE prob, ok otherwise...    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 0
  4. Replies: 0
    New User

Status

skins/templete installation prob.

so i went 2 this site where i can get free skins 4 my forum....well i downloaded a real nice one and saved it and unzipped it etc etc.

i waz lookin' at the installition instructions in the "readme" notepad thing and first step im already lost! Whats a FTP? and where can i get one? also how does it work and why do i need one?

Da text read.......:
    b. upload the .tar skinpack
    Simply use your favorite FTP program to upload the tar-file (in binary) to the "archive_in" directory of your board......

it continues but i doubt its of any importance 2 u guys with my problem bein' "what is a ftp? and where can i get one?"

Status

Re: skins/templete installation prob.

Hi BadNews,

Firstly, an FTP programme is a File Transfer Protocol Proramme and it does just what it says....transfer files from one place to another!

Secondly, you can get pretty decent ones for free, just try a quick google search or i recently used www.smartftp.com

Thirdly, i haven't got a clue how it works exactly but you don't really need to know that. Its just a means of uploading your webpages to a chosen server! You don't necessarily need one. That depends on yoour hosting service. Some have there own control panels to upload your files.

Hope this helps.

New User

Status

Re: skins/templete installation prob.

thanx a lot i later on waz readin' somethin' from the site that hosts my forum and they said they would be able to upload it 4 me just 2 ask

thanx 4 da help anywayz cuz i think i still might need that link 4 later