19 users online (0 members and 19 guests)  

New User

Status

Re: Server welcome

I also an a newbie to running a dedicated server. I have just been assigned to set up my churches website on a dedicated server running windows server 2003. The only problem is is that I don't know how to go about doing it. The server has a static IP address and the company we are leasing it from says that we are only allowed to use 1 IP which I don't think will be a problem. Our website is already online using a cheaper hosting package through the same company. I need to get our website ported over to the dedicated server and operational within a weeks time. The website I am referring to is www.cbcdundalk.org . We upgraded to a dedicated server due to the fact that we are now recording our services to video in hopes of doing live streaming in the near future. An help in getting this set up would be a great help.

Status

Re: Setting up a dedicated server

I am far from being an expert on setting up a server. However, one of the things that I would recommend is that if you don't know what you're doing in this area, you might want to see if your web host offers a package called managed dedicated hosting. Basically, that is a package where they take care of server related setup and security. Obviously, it's slightly more expensive than doing the work yourself, but server security needs to be of the utmost importance.

Hope this helps.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: Setting up a dedicated server

If your host does not offer a managed solution there are companies which will handle the management for you. Rack911 and Serverwizards are 2 that come to mind, though I have no experience with either.

D
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting