34 users online (1 members and 33 guests)  

New User

Status

x's is all i see

hello all. i am tring to upload a small thumbnail gallery to my host web. everything gos good, but i can not see any images. all i see is x's. can anyone help me out????

Be Yourself

Status
    can you give us some code? The likely problem is that your link to your image is wrong, the "x" means that it could not find the picture at the spot you said it was at.

Status
    Upload the pictures again in all lower case and make sure the references to them in your .htm file are in all lower case.

Some host servers have problems with image files, creating their names only the first upload - they all appear as zero byte files. Don't know why that happens.

It's recommended that all web host server folder and file references within web page HTML coding be in all lower case - it makes one's internet life a lot less stressful -- it is also friendlier to visitors trying to type the URL in the address bar.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    When an upload shows to be 0 bytes you should contact the webhost. Everytime I have seen that it is due to the harddrive being full.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status
    Aha, that makes sense but points out a pretty poor web host to allow their server hard drive to become even 70% full, let alone 100%.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    If it is paid hosting then I would have to agree, not a company that I would choose to do business with. However if it is freehosting that is just par for the course. Just one more reason to invest $10.00 a month.

Most people have no clue that an initial investment of less than $20.00 and then a monthly fee of less than $10.00 is all it cost to get freedom from these freebie hosts and thier endless popups and crud. Even if they do not have popups they have banners, get your own name and server and you can make more than your $10 a month hosting fee with your own banners.

Dave

Status
    Let's see,

ISP (cable modem) $55.41 per month
    Web server space 9.95 per month (100 megs 4 gigs)
    Domain names 1.00 per month (less in bulk)
    telephone access -1.50 per month (30 x .05)
    ------
    $64.86 per month

but the peace of mind and almost immediate access to everything via cable modem makes it all worth it.

Administrator

Status

I was comparing to a freehost and not giving total cost. If a person is on bubbasfreepopupservers.com the person already has all of the other cost(though maybe not cable )

Using ahfb as an example:

domain 9.95 year (83 cents per month)
    server 9.25 month(200meg 20 gigs )

Dave

Status
    Sounds like a good deal for anyone trying to make money off their web site(s) and wanting higher bandwidth limits to accomodate the higher hits needed to do so.

New User

Status

paid webhost....

...what is the best paid webhost?... not too much money, but gives me large space to work with?