40 users online (1 members and 39 guests)  

New User

Status

Smile help with my website

Hi all newbie here.
    I bought an auction site from a friend and now I wanna promote it.
    I know a little about google adwords which is costing me a fortune , is tere a cheaper way of getting traffic to my site www.totalbidder.com
    Thanks again and this is a very informative forum,

New User

Status

Re: help with my website

Howdy Dave,

I just took a very brief look at your site. There are definitely cheaper ways to get traffic to your site. To start off with, you need to clean up the code for your site. It took a little while to load, which is definitely not a good thing. Second, you need to figure out what your keywords are (I assume you ahve probably done this if you are using adwords) and optimize your content for those keywords. Then, you need links any way you can get em.

Dave

New User

Status

hi,
    i saw your site, but your site is suspended. how will you optimize this

New User

Status

I have used pixel ads, which are CHEAP and drive traffic constantly. Try adding your link to: http://pixel.****.com They offer high traffic for low prices. Also I would look into exchanging links with similar sites to yours.

New User

Status

There are several ways to increase traffic to your site that are competely free!!! It all depends on the amout of time you want to spend on them.

1. Optimize your site for search engines (Brad callen has alot of free info you can get by signing up for his e-mail courses...he'll obviously try to get you to buy something but you don't need to... seoelite.com)

2. Start a links page to get reciprical links to your site. Make sure to use keyword anchor text related to your site. Use relevant sites and link directories. There are a lot of free link scripts out there you can use.

3. Write articles about auctioning and post them to article content sites ( there are hundreds out there just search for 'free article submit')

4. Join a few forums on the subject of your site and start posting...answering and asking questions. Most of these forums allow signatures which let you sign your name and backlink to your sites. (Although alot are now making you have a minimum amount of posts before they allow sigs)

Hope this helps a little.

Last edited by HTML; 07-13-2006 at 12:48 PM.

New User

Status

Quote Originally Posted by mediamania
    I have used pixel ads, which are CHEAP and drive traffic constantly. Try adding your link to: http://pixel.****.com They offer high traffic for low prices. Also I would look into exchanging links with similar sites to yours.
    Does this really work??
    what kind of traffic do you get a month from your pixel ads?

ZedPoint

Status

I gotta agree with the first reply:

1. You need to get it onto a faster server, that thing is a dog!
    2. There is absolutely NO keyword-rich content on the home page or in the first couple of tiers you click on/nav to. Without any good content on those pages...
    3. 371 lines of code! before the body of your homepage. strip that out and attach your .css and .js files in an external file. (this might be more stylistic on my side, but I remember reading somewhere that some crawlers will only crawl through so many characters before cutting off).

Disabled

Status

Talking Re: help with my website

Hello...

I read some of these replys and most were on the money. Any site can make it to the top of google in less then 5 months with proper SEO work.
    Dont go spending thousands of dollars for someone to do what is easy to do yourself.
    One thing I do want to explain is this.... Do not go on a free for all linking with websites that have nothing in commen to yours! This wont help but hurt your site. Find others that do the same and exchange links with them, also add your sites to as many directories you can find. Make sure that they are not redirecting your site as this will do nothing for you!
    as for adwords its a waste of money in my view. just work on your seo and dump adwords. you wont need them when your in the first page listings

Thank you
    malcolm
    Last edited by HTML; 08-10-2006 at 05:31 AM.