54 users online (0 members and 54 guests)  

New User

Status

Thumbs up help to advertise new website

Hi all newbie here.
    I bought an auction site from a friend and now I wanna promote it.
    I know a little about google adwords which is costing me a fortune , is tere a cheaper way of getting traffic to my site www.totalbidder.com.
    Thanks again and this is a very informative forum,
    Last edited by HTML; 03-15-2007 at 06:17 PM.

New User

Status

Re: help to advertise new website

Submit your site with free url submit sites, sign up for free auto surf sites, exchange links, give something away for free on your site. IT SHOULD ALL BE FREE
    I offer free TV online and get about 35,000 hits a day
    try offering free online games, headline news, free ebooks

Good Luck

New User

Status

Start out investing small then as time goes on you'll be able to reinvest in a bigger ad budget. Try Pay Per Click advertising. First You select a few keywords come up with some attractive headlines and then launch a PPC ad campaign with Google Adwords. The next thing you know is that your site is receiving a steady flow of traffic. Then hire an SEO expert to help get your site ranked higher in the search engines and beforre you know you will be left with life long traffic. It takes time..

http://www.majon.com
    Last edited by HTML; 12-31-2006 at 11:12 PM.

New User

Status

Thumbs up Re: help to advertise new website

Submit your website to every free, good quality directory you can find.
    You may need to also optimize your websites content.

Disabled

Status

So far as my exp the Google Adwords and Email Marketing are the best effective ones.
    However if we have small ad budget then FREE posting is the good choice untill we get sufficient amount and knowledge to do the paid advertising.

New User

Status

spam removed
    Last edited by HTML; 01-08-2007 at 07:38 AM.

New User

Status

Smile Re: help to advertise new website

Daveball,

Here is a little of what I know about driving traffic to a website for free:

1) Write articles with the author resource box at the bottom which has the link to your website. Submit the article to directories and proliferate the article all over the net. Watch the clicks begin. Rinse and repeat with great articles over and over again.

2)Blog and ping: blog regularly about your auction items, use keywords from social bookmarking sites in the proper format, set your blog up to ping blog directories everytime you enter a new blog entry. Make sure your blog entries have a footer with a link to the site you wish to drive traffic to. Rinse and repeat.

3)Make posts on active forums with a signature that has a link to the page you wish to promote.

4)Leave comments on really active blogs with a link to the page you wish to promote

5)Be a part of bonus packages and give away bundles. Create a free report, offer it to these packages and include links to the page you wish to promote. This requires that you have a special report, software program, or other valuable thing to give away.

6) Joint Venture with other website owners interacting with your target market. For instance, you could write a special report about your auction item theme or topic, give it to webmasters that cater to the same crowd, and have the link to your auction site on every page in the header and footer of the pdf document. Then you go viral.

These are just a few techniques off of the top of my head. There are hundreds more!

Please comment on what is listed, talk about your good or bad experiences with these techniques and offer more suggestions.

All newbies will deeply appreciate the effort from the more experienced IMs in the group.

Thanks!

Bootstrapper
    Last edited by Bootstrapper; 01-11-2007 at 04:17 PM.

Disabled

Status

Good advice Bootsrapper.
    http://fastbuilder.eq19.com

Disabled

Status

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: deleteauction() in /home/totalbi/public_html/cron/cron1.php on line 227

Can't see anything

However I do think the concept is interesting, with an auctioning site, all you really need to do is spread what you are selling around and it will bring ppl in left right and center..

New User

Status

There is cheaper PPC programs like. Findology and ABC Search. Try Them

New User

Status

I am having the same issue. my new site busybabystore com just launched and I dont know where to go from here. How do i do google words like are doing and how much is "a fortune"? HELP!

New User

Status

Quote Originally Posted by kinch1000 View Post
    I am having the same issue. my new site busybabystore com just launched and I dont know where to go from here. How do i do google words like are doing and how much is "a fortune"? HELP!
    Your probably talking about google adwords, this is a ppc (pay per click) program where your ad appears on the right hand side of google search results.

Go here http://adwords.google.com/

Sign up, but make sure you do some heavy reading before you start using it. As a general rule you can put a daily budget in there, but I have found that people often assume this is a worse case, but in my experience google will almost always ensure you spend that amount each day.

You need to be careful and identify what keywords your potential customers are going to be trying to find items you can help them with and then advertise with those keywords.

A great, free resource to find keywords is overture
    http://inventory.overture.com Remember this data is not "google" data as such, but is still a very valuable resource.

Also I surfed over and checked your website and you need to do a little work in the html if you want your site to list well in the search engines.

Firstly make sure you use the meta description and meta keyword tags on every page. The meta description is going to be the text that shows up in the search engines when you do eventually get indexed by the search engines, so make it a good description of your website.

The meta keyword tag is not as useful as it once was, but I still recommend you put your keyword and keyword phrases in there, but make sure you dont repeat them.

Also a vital thing, you dont have a main header tag i.e. <h1> it's absolutely vital you have one in there with a clear description of what your website is about. The search engines place great relevance on that. I note you have an empty <h2> and are using <h3>.

Make sure you use them to their full potential as it will help you a lot.

You should never repeat a <h1> tag on your webpage (one only per page) but <h2..h6> can be repeated.

If you are looking to get your website listed quickly in the search engines, try posting an ad on craigslist.org (free if you choose the correct location and category) or post a classified ad on ebay (not free, but inexpensive).

Good luck with it all.

Cheers

Tim Buchalka

Disabled

Status

This tool might be very helpfull as for beginer.

New User

Status

i can definitely recommend google adwords

New User

Status

Free directories are ok
    Keep posting on forums and blogs (the really popular ones) to boost your google exposure,
    http://digg.com can get you lots of hits.
    As can http://reddit.com
    And keep a lookout for up-and-coming cheap advertising opportunities like this new one i found called *****************.