64 users online (1 members and 63 guests)  

Related

1. coding profile in pure html    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. coding problem    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 5
  3. Help with simple CSS coding    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 5
    New User

Status

Question HTML coding editer?

This is not really a problem for you to reply to, more of a.......well I dont know what it is really. But I will continue anyway. I know a little bit of HTML, about enough to make a really simple page, text style, background colour, and links to other pages and thats about it. But I had to create a site that looked quite profesional (well not really but I didnt want people seeing my dodgy coding, lol) so I used frontpage to create it. It looks quite impresive (to me at least) and I was wondering what faults using frontpage will create in my site (if any) I know it puts in a lot of stuff at the top of the sorce code that I really dont know what it is

ie

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-gb">
    <meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 4.0">
    <meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document">

Can anyone tell me what this is? and more importantly do I need it in there or can I deleate it to tidy up the code?

I use a free host for the site (50megs.com) and have some other questions that I will have to ask at a later date no doubt (i want to play music and dont know how :-( )

if you want to check out the site then the URL is http://extremerevolution.50megs.com (I know 1 of the links doesnt work but that is coz I dont have the info to go on the page yet)

I'm probably just waffling now so I will just shut up and go, but any comments on the code I put in or frontpage in general would be great.

Administrator

Status
    Allo mate,

The meta tags just contain information. They have been inserted by frontpage, and while some of them are just Frontpage showing off, some of them are proper meta tags containing information.

Either way, you can safely either leave them in, or take them out. Your webpage will not fall over if you take them out, but then again it will not hurt to leave them in.

Hope that helps.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    Yeah sorted, thanx man, I guess I'll leave them in. Roll on the day when I can ditch frontpage altogether

Be Yourself

Status
    music:

<embed src="music.midi" loop=true hidden=true>

the loop is just do you want to to keep playign over and over and hidden is do you want it to show up on your page.

New User

Status
    cool man, will that work for playing mp3s as well? if i just make it <embed src="music.mp3" loop=true hidden=true>?

New User

Status
    actually dont worry about it, it cant upload the music files in any format so it doesnt really matter if I can get them to play or not