40 users online (0 members and 40 guests)  

Related

1. How do I get listed in search engines    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 12
  2. Who here has a site that is listed in a search engine?    Forum: Website Promotion Forum
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

Get Listed in Yahoo Search

Since yahoo is one of the most Popular Search Engine. So it can bring a high traffic to your site. To get listed in yahoo search you have to add your URL to Yahoo search. Yahoo has both paid and free submission option you may choose any one according to your requirements. You may even add you XML feed and all URLs using a text file. Generally they take 6 week to get listed but it varies depending on your site. Initially yahoo will crawl only few pages of your site then you will find that more pages are getting listed in yahoo. If you site is in yahoo directory then you need not to do all this things. To add URL You must have a Yahoo ID.

Disabled

Status

Wink Re: Get Listed in Yahoo Search

Hello...

First off being listed in yahoo is a plus as this as far as i know is the second most used in the world. if correct it accounts for 20-25% of traffic google being the first,but to get listed in thier directory and have to pay 299 yearly is in my eyes foolish,as they choose whether to accept your site or deny you, and to make things worse they will keep your money if you dont make it.

Save your money and get manual submission service from a good reputable company and get listed in thousands of directories for less than 150 bucks in most cases.
    You should watch never to get to many links to fast as this could make the SEs think your cheating and give you poor marks(new sites that is) any submission service should have a slow linking plan established for these new sites were they will submit only a few hundred monthly.

thanks
    malcolm

New User

Status

Re: Get Listed in Yahoo Search

I understand that the visibility on all the major search engine is essential from business point of view. We simply can't ignore any little source of traffic and Yahoo is the second most important search engine. But I think that to pay such a huge amount for listing is of no use. I haven't paid for Yahoo directory but still I could see my listing in the top results. Then why to pay Yahoo unnecessarily?

With regards,
    Mandar Thosar

New User

Status

I understand that the visibility on all the major search engine is essential from business point of view. We simply can't ignore any little source of traffic and Yahoo is the second most important search engine. But I think that to pay such a huge amount for listing is of no use. I haven't paid for Yahoo directory but still I could see my listing in the top results. Then why to pay Yahoo unnecessarily?
    As long as i know, we need to pay to get listed in yahoo directory. Mind that you show me how you get listed without paying anything. thanks

loon
    Last edited by HTML; 09-14-2006 at 05:31 AM.

New User

Status

Loon, Yahoo Directory and Yahoo search are different projects and are not directly related to each other. So it is not essential for you to be in Yahoo directory for getting listed in Yahoo search. If you are offering good content, proper navigation, optimised keywords etc to your visitors then Yahoo will definitely rank you. Don't forget to increase backlinks to your site.

With regards,
    Mandar Thosar

New User

Status

ok... i sort of understand what you now... initially i was confused by ur free listing in your directory, because as far as i know yahoo directory is not free and i already paid for it. Guess next time i wont pay
    loon

Disabled

Status

How many times a months is recommended to submit a lik?
    Last edited by HTML; 08-17-2009 at 09:01 AM.

New User

Status

Just wondering how many webmasters bother and perhaps more importantly, how many people use Yahoo as their fave or primary SE?

New User

Status

If your website is listed in Google and has a good ranking, it is also listed in Yahoo search engine..So, focus more in Google than the other SE..

New User

Status

i agree with the first post