34 users online (1 members and 33 guests)  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Related

1. My free E-Guide: Traffic Building Pro    Forum: Internet Services
    Replies: 0
  2. Free Guide to Setting Up a Website    Forum: Internet Services
    Replies: 0
    New User

Status

Quickstart Guide to Effective Free Advertising

Here's the top 6 most effective ways to promote your business for free:

1. Write articles and submit them to newletter publishers

2. Partcipate heavily in online forums and discussions - include your url in the signiture of every post.

3. Put your url on all your stationery including outgoing mail, email, bills etc

4. Promote your business offline using flers, posters, car stickers, shop windows etc.

5. Sign up for ezines that allow you to advertise for free.

6. Exchange links with other webmasters

Clive

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    Hmmmm I'll consider this once I'm done with my new website design.....should be this week. I just have to get the contact form working how I want it to then I'll be set. I'll be sure to post a link etc.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Just came across this post once again and thought I would give it a little bump, some good info here.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status
    Sure is but the best way to get "free" advertising is to spend that extra time working out all the bugs in your site, optimizing for keywords relevant to your content, checking to be sure ALL your links are working, and last but not least, VALIDATE your code.

Spend some time reading up on the do and don'ts of the different engines, apply your optimizing based on that and submit to every free se and dir you can find!

Caution, don't fall for those emails that tell you they will submit to a gadzillion engines for "only" $xxx.xx most are RIP OFF CITY!

nitewing
    Ann/nitewing

Ugly Geezer

Status
    Optimizing your site for the search engines is good...but only for on line promotion. You can generate loads of traffic using the "off line" methods venister mentions.

One method not mentioned is Press Releases which can also be useful depending on the theme of the site and the subject of the release (I've built a web site is NOT news).

"those emails that tell you they will submit to a gadzillion engines" are using software to submit. If that's the way you want to go, buy the program...it's cheaper.

If you want to be sure you adhere to each search engine and dirctories' rules for submission, visit each one in turn and do it that way.

As for validating...I have issues with that which might make for a good thread when I get time to get my rant on the subject of standards in order...

Status
    The main thing wrong with paying to have some company submit for you is that some of the major search engines will not accept automated submissions...a big waste of money.

All business's cannot be successfully promoted off line unless you can spend a lot of money on tv ads....mine is global, and most that I have seen pretty much fits that discription...sales now, through the internet, are international.

I have always had good luck doing things my way...it's a lot of work but if it's a labor of love, who cares!

Nitewing
    Last edited by nitewing; 11-29-2002 at 04:31 AM.
    Ann/nitewing

Ugly Geezer

Status
    Good attitude! I'm in the fortunate position of having budgets to promote some of my clients' sites (spending other people's money is fun!) but for my own labors of love I have few spare dollars so I never rule anything out.

Although you aim for a global audience you can do some of the other things mentioned locally.

With so many people on line now and speaking to people around the world, the folks that find your site through this type of promotion are likely to share it with anyone they are in contact with around the world.

Never underestimate the power of word-of-mouth advertising.

Status
    BTW,

I have been known to print out my own business cards and leave them in various places I visit.

Nitewing
    Ann/nitewing

Ugly Geezer

Status
    I know that feeling...I'm always leaving things at the places I visit...last time it was a digital camera

Status
    LOL!!!

That's a little more expensive than business cards!!!
    Ann/nitewing

New User

Status

Offline Advertising

What I do is I print webaddress on my checks when I order them. It's usually free. Also, I ordered a customized rubber stamp which has one line description of my site and my website address. I stamp it on out going bills and boxes.

Someone suggested me to stamp them on dollar bills, but It just doesn't feel right doing it

Status
    Stamp it on your forehead - doubt if most people would miss that.

Or, order a bunch of T-shirts with the url on both the front and back - if the www. sub-domain isn't in the domain name make sure to include the required http:// so that viewers know it's a web address.

New User

Status

Re: Quickstart Guide to Effective Free Advertising

Thanks for the great tips! It's simple things like this that can make a world of difference I have found so far in promoting my Stationary business site. I'm looking around for some new chances for advertising..I came across www.bizadsplash.com, but I'm not sure I completely understand the site. I'm asking around to see if anybody else has heard of it or has had any success with it. What do you guys think?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

bizadsplash? that site reeks of 12 year old, Just not a site I would take to seriously. Actually I see they still "testing the system", what is it that attracted you to them?
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

The T-shirt thing is actually a really good idea.
    I've been trying to come up with a way to publicize www.luminogenics.com
    This site is geared towards a very select audience and I'm not sure if going around to coffee shops in my area with postcards would actually build the traffic I'm looking for. On the other hand I'm trying to not be a major nuisance on forums and blogs across the internet.
    In fact I tried link exchanges with more than a hundred pages oriented to the niche and I'm still waiting to see the results.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last