35 users online (0 members and 35 guests)  

Related

1. Confused    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. Help. I'm just confused...    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Thumbs up Confused with SEO

Hi All,
    i am resonably new to all the SEO side of things, but i have done a little research and i can see myself getting more and more involved with it.
    I have recently built a site (http://www.ringstrue.co.uk) that is still not quite finished that i feel has been built well for search engines. It is lean, it is css driven the content is unique and on topic in each page, the keywords are focused, there are no meta issues - well none that i know of !!!!
    it has been in the sandbox i believe as it is a new domain but it has now been indexed on msn but only the homepage - can enyone help me with a reason for why all the other pages havent been indexed.
    This site is really cool - i hope i can be of help to others.
    Rich G

Status

Re: Confused with SEO

How long has your site been up? It can take as much as three months, sometimes longer, for the search engines to find and properly index your site. Just give it some time.

Side Note: I'm a little bothered by some of the code that I see in your home page:

<noscript>
    <p>Unusual jewellery, Unique handcrafted jewellery, Jewellery in Wales and Unique hand made jewellery :
    We Design and Create <b>Unusual jewellery</b> and <b>Unique handcrafted jewellery</b> from our studio in <b>Wales</b></p>
    </noscript>
    What is the purpose for this? A little keyword stuffing, or what?
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

Thanks for the feedback.
    And thanks for highlighting something i had forgotten to take out.
    I originally had a little piece of flash in the top write of the screen that was expressing the message of what the sit ewas about.
    I used the no script tag as a way to describe what was being said in the flash work.
    once i realised that flash, that high up in the page, is a bad idea, i removed - forgot to remove the no script elemnt though - big thanks to you for reminding me!!!
    I have now noticed that the sites homepage has been listed in yahoo - again only the homepage though.
    I am getting really naffed about the fact that i have bult this site really well according to all the seo advice that i have looked up - or at least thought i had. Yet only the homepage is getting listed.
    Can you perhaps suggest a reason why you think this maybe - something i have missed or am doing that i shouldnt
    Thank for your help bud
    Rich

Status

In my experience, such as it is, I've found that the first thing the search engines seem to do is index just the home page. Over the next few days and weeks then, they end up indexing all or most of your pages. Again, just have a little patience.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

Hey thanks again.
    I am just really keen to
    see things happen - i think you're right, i am sure i have adhered to all the sound practices suggested.
    the only thing i am stuck with is inbound links, i really dont have any and dont know where to get any from???????
    I'll keep you informed as to when anyhting happens
    Cheers VJ

Disabled

Status

hello...

I agree with vinyl-junkie she seems to know alot about seo work by the sounds of her replys in other posts.
    if you would like to see some quick results in keywords and such try www.widexl.com its free and will give you some idea as were you are and what you need to fix to be in good standings. again this script is really for beginners but has its perks. i have used it and it has helped me achieve top position for keywords im using.

Thanks
    malcolm
    Last edited by HTML; 08-10-2006 at 05:31 AM.

New User

Status

Well, we all know that SEO really takes time to see the result. In your case,it's just a normal thing that you will experience in SEO. Homepage is the first page that search engines will indexed followed by other pages.