50 users online (1 members and 49 guests)  

Thread: First Day Here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    New User

Status

First Day Here!

Hello All!

This is my first day around here and just wanted to say hi and introduce myself!

I have been extremely busy for over the last year planning a new business and am finally finding a little free time to socialize!

I enjoy learning new things and love sharing what I know. I consider myself well knowledgable on search engine marketing, writing, research and SEO and of course making new friends, associates and just plain good old fashioned socializing!

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Great to have you here Dawn

I too spend a large part of my time learning about the search engines and how to optimize for them. It is always fun viewing the results of my research.

Hang around, I am sure I could learn a bit more from you, as could most of our members

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status
    It's great to be here, Dave... Thanks!

Maybe one day we can find the time to pick apart each of our knowledge on SEO and learn something new!

Status
    Welcome to the forum.

All I know about search engines is from the usage end, sometimes doing more than a thousand searches at a sitting via the search engine platform I created at:

http://search.jamrent.com or http://search2.jamrent.com

Those URLs are all oriented toward finding surnames for genealogical purposes and assume users already know about Cyndi's List et al "surname host" URL consolidation sites.

Administrator

Status
    Hi Dawn. Welcome!

SEO is my biggest weak spot, so I will be interogating you later...
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Status
    Well,

My biggest weak spot if probably marketing, with Design following right behind..

BUT, my biggest strong point is programming/backend systems ...

Maybe we can all learn from each other. It would be nice if dave would publish some articles sharing his knowledge..

New User

Status
    Thanks for such a warm welcome from everyone!

Dean, is that your site on CSS tutorials? CSS and anything that has to do with design is MY weak spot! I work on my own sites and managed to get my CSS functional but it sure wasn't as easy as I expected it to be and I'm sure that there are errors -- but it works the way I want it to -- well almost! This CSS tutorial just might help

Status
    That CSS Tutorial is his also

CSS Is kinda easy, the basic stuff anywayz.. The only thing I can't do with css is positioning..

Need Any Programming? Maybe I could trade it for a few articles on Marketing

New User

Status

Zaire...

Zaire,

Tried sending you that PM again, but it says your mail box is full. Do you have an AIM? If you do, don't be shy... send me a message!

Status

Re: Zaire...

Originally posted by Dawn-WSS
    Zaire,

Tried sending you that PM again, but it says your mail box is full. Do you have an AIM? If you do, don't be shy... send me a message!
    I tried deleting all my messaegs, yet it keeps saying it's full. Dave, what is going on?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Looking into it now.

Be Yourself

Status
    did you try looking in your tracked messages/saved messages/sent messages?

I missed my welcome, welcome to the forum!

Ya, I'd have to agree with Deans post there. I could help out with JavaScript, and if the SLIGHT chance that Zaire gets stumped (haha ) ask me so that I could have something to exchange as well haha but I doubt he will...

Hey Dave, I've got an idea, if we were willing, lets get this site to start publishing articles (like PHP/MySQL/whatever) stuff like devshed, if we were willing to submit stuff, would you make room? Or does this sound like not a good idea?
    Last edited by Derek; 04-26-2002 at 09:59 PM.

Administrator

Status

I think we got the PM issue solved.

I would gladly accept articles/mini tutorials and would link each article to the authors profile. Be sure your profiles are complete and professional and of course include your homepage! I could also come up with a special user title on the forums.

In the meantime I am open to any user input

Dave

Status
    I need to do something with zaireweb.com

I want to use it for tutorails and such, but I can never compete with sitepoint.com / devarticles.com becuase they publish so much faster than 2 people running a site can. ;(

New User

Status
    You must have faith and confidence in yourself! You can compete with anyone! Everyone starts somewhere! I have a good quote for you...

We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success. We often discover what will do by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never made a mistake never made a discovery. Samuel Smiles (1816-1904)

Never be afraid to try to compete with a competitor, the worst that can happen is that you learn how to compete with them. The best that can happen is that you become just as successful than they are

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last