39 users online (0 members and 39 guests)  

Thread: First Day Here!

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Status
    Originally posted by Dawn-WSS
    You must have faith and confidence in yourself! You can compete with anyone! Everyone starts somewhere! I have a good quote for you...

We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success. We often discover what will do by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never made a mistake never made a discovery. Samuel Smiles (1816-1904)

Never be afraid to try to compete with a competitor, the worst that can happen is that you learn how to compete with them. The best that can happen is that you become just as successful than they are
    Great Quote.. But this isn't exactly what I ment. What I was referring to, is there community support, and the amount of authors they have to write for them.. They are a well established site, and it's hard to think of unique topics to cover..

Eric

New User

Status

Thumbs up

Eric,

I understand what you meant, but what I meant is that you can have that if you want it enough and are not afraid to set out to achieve it

You already took the first step when you asked me about the articles

Status
    Originally posted by Dawn-WSS
    Eric,

I understand what you meant, but what I meant is that you can have that if you want it enough and are not afraid to set out to achieve it

You already took the first step when you asked me about the articles
    Mwahahaha.. you just reveled (sp?) my scheme to take over the world...

Just Kidding

Be Yourself

Status
    haha not only is Dawn-WSS good with search engines she's an inspirationalist

Speaking of Unique topics, would the ones submitted here have to be unique, cause I know a 'writing a mail script' has been used out there many times but what if a user didn't read it until now? Of course we could get more complicated articles but just because it's simple doesn't mean it's not widely used?
    Last edited by Derek; 04-27-2002 at 12:12 PM.

Status
    Originally posted by Derek
    haha not only is Dawn-WSS good with search engines he's an inspirationalist

Speaking of Unique topics, would the ones submitted here have to be unique, cause I know a 'writing a mail script' has been used out there many times but what if a user didn't read it until now? Of course we could get more complicated articles but just because it's simple doesn't mean it's not widely used?
    First off, Dawn is a females name, and Dawn is a lady..

Second off,

What topic title's have been listed? Maybe we could do a syndication or something, where me and dave could write articles together about certin topics, and syndicate them through our sites..

I've got sitemodCMS and it could use a few articles to be tested on

Be Yourself

Status
    first off - fixed* sorry Dawn

second - see, Zaire you got some articles you'd wanna write, and I want to practice some articles cause I'll probably use the same ones on my site when it's ready, and Zaire the same. So we already got some lined up...

Status
    first off - fixed* sorry Dawn

second - see, Zaire you got some articles you'd wanna write, and I want to practice some articles cause I'll probably use the same ones on my site when it's ready, and Zaire the same. So we already got some lined up...
    Yeah, im willing to write, but I need specific topics to write about..

What do you people want to learn abuot php/mysql?

Be Yourself

Status
    well what I was actually referring to was your talking about writing the co-articles with Dave... but if your willing to write some on PHP/MySQL that's cool too.

What scripts do you use on some of your sites that you think may be usefull? Such as, I started out just trying to keep a simple stats page that I would create on my own, now I count all sorts of things/averages, etc., so I think I'm going to write that, plus a mail script, and some other ones I use.

if you get some replies to this, then sure write about them, but it's likely that you'll have to take some from your own experience, and that is probably where they'll be best written anyways

I don't want to push anybody in to this, so don't think it's an 'I-challenge-you-to-write-articles-Zaire' thing

Status
    well what I was actually referring to was your talking about writing the co-articles with Dave... but if your willing to write some on PHP/MySQL that's cool too.

What scripts do you use on some of your sites that you think may be usefull? Such as, I started out just trying to keep a simple stats page that I would create on my own, now I count all sorts of things/averages, etc., so I think I'm going to write that, plus a mail script, and some other ones I use.

if you get some replies to this, then sure write about them, but it's likely that you'll have to take some from your own experience, and that is probably where they'll be best written anyways

I don't want to push anybody in to this, so don't think it's an 'I-challenge-you-to-write-articles-Zaire' thing
    Challenge Me! Then I too will learn something.

Be Yourself

Status
    challeneged

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    One of the biggest things I have wanted to do is write some articles as well as putting out more mini-tutorials. The question to me was
    if we were willing to submit stuff, would you make room
    This is the least I can do, and at this point is unfortunately all I can do(promise to do).

Most of the time you see me online, you dont really see me Many times I leave it open and head to an offline job, right now my partner and I are building a recording studio for this VIP . Usually when I get home I have the heating pad in one place and am icing another

We are getting off topic though, anybody can feel free to begin a new thread on the subject

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status
    This is the topic for the articles..

http://www.ahfb2000.com/webmaster_he...=&threadid=606

Administrator

Status
    I really like Dawns attitude. I feel energised.

Lets do some stuff. We can start with articles and mini-tutorials. I am going to do an article tomorow (its 0145 here, been in the pub all night....)
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Originally posted by QuietDean
    I really like Dawns attitude. I feel energised.
    ..., been in the pub all night....)
    so which did it, the pub or her nice attitude?

D
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status
    It sure sounds like everyone is getting motivated, I think I like it here! Now, you all have me motivated to get something done that I haven't had time for all week...

The article idea is great and I have a few ideas. I have a site of my own that I need to finish up and a new client as of Monday, so I'm going to try to work an extra article in here and there over the course of the next few weeks....

I'm excited!

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last