40 users online (1 members and 39 guests)  

Related

1. Review my site if u like    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 5
  2. plz review this site.........    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 4
  3. site review    Forum: Graphics Forum
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

Site review please... www.serverangel.com

Hello,
    I've created a site at http://www.serverangel.com/ I'm mostly interested in what you think of the home page. I know there is an issue in firefox with lines not lining up. I've also done a w3c validator check from a technical point of view.

I'd like to know what you feel about the look and feel of the site, how inviting it is, if you can easily tell what the site does?

Thank you for any and all opinions given.

Graeme
    Last edited by serverangel; 07-09-2006 at 02:04 PM.

Status

Re: Site review please... www.serverangel.com

Welcome to AHFB, serverangel.

Just a few observations about your site, in no particular order of importance. Very nice layout, with a well structured navigation menu. Makes it very easy to find what you're looking for. The pricing structure on your service seems a little vague. I understand about the first server scan being free, but to say that subsequent scans are $1.00 or less is a bit confusing. What's the exact price, or is there one? You should state that.

I notice that your sample scan report and your FAQ don't work at all if I have javascript disabled. You should always provide an alternative for that, even though only a small percentage of people will fall into that category.

Your text isn't re-sizable, and is very hard to read because of the small font. This is a pretty important accessibility issue, which shouldn't be ignored. Allowing text to re-size won't ruin the look of your site, and will most definitely attract more visitors.

That's all that comes to mind. I hope you find my comments useful.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

Thank you for having a look, I've updated the pricing on the home page, it's hopefully more explicit now. It will take me a while to look into the javascript, once logged in I use quite alot of javascript, so providing alternatives will be quite a bit of work. So for now I'll leave that as it.
    I'll look into the font size changing, shouldn't be too difficult.
    Again thank you for having a look.

Status

Hi

I think the site its really good, I'm using FireFox now and i can see the glitch but i don't thinks its that bad, if you hadn't have called it a glitch i would have just though it was part of the design. i really like the dhtml tabs on the front page, they are very cool.

However, i don't like the font/font size, its looks good at a glance, but i find it hard to read. Another thing i think that would improve is having the tabs at the top turn a different color on mouse over, rather than just the yellow that is used for the active state.

All in all though , i very nice site, good job!

orisma