51 users online (0 members and 51 guests)  

Related

1. Best Way to Get Indexed in Google    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 38
    New User

Status

Exclamation The updating of back-links indexed by Google

New back-links towards my website that are indexed by Google appear every day, but
    the number of links is not updated by Google at all, it remains constant and this has been
    going on for about 1 year now.
    At link-back.net which practically takes the Google’s query result “link:mysite” and compares it
    with the previous result, I can see every new links, each day there are 1-2 new links but still the
    number of indexed links is unchanged…it’s the same as a year ago.

Status

Re: The updating of back-links indexed by Google

Are you watching where those back links are coming from? If I remember right, if they are from the same site, same IP address, etc. they will not be given the same priority (even ignored) by google. Can you post an example of a couple that are and are not being indexed??? That way we can take a look at them.

Disabled

Status

Re: The updating of back-links indexed by Google

Hello...
    Google seems to take its time to add links. Unlike most search engines google takes its good old time to add links to it database,what i mean is MSN shows you might have 1000 then altavista says 897 then google says 0. I have noticed as i was saying above that they take a rather long time to add those links.why? dont know ,but mysite is the same,its in the top 10,i show no errors in sitemaps and have tons of links everywhere but yet nothing from google so.... it may just be a waiting game.
    thanks
    malcolm
    Last edited by HTML; 08-17-2006 at 08:15 AM.