35 users online (2 members and 33 guests)  

Related

1. myspace DIV help!!!    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 0
    New User

Status

Myspace help please

My girlfriend has had someone create a myspace account in her name. What does myspace do when something like this happens. I was told that myspace can get the ip address and then tell the location of the person that did this. Is this something that can really be done? What can be done with the ip address?

New User

Status

Re: Myspace help please

Well, there is a little bit you can do with someone's IP address. Look it up on the web and find out were it came from. Contact Myspace and have the person that found their name and or photo on myspace talk to them. If it is something that is malicious then, depending on the severity you might be able to take the individual that posted the blog to court for defamation of character.
    Last edited by HTML; 07-19-2006 at 04:09 PM.

Status

Have they created a site in her name?
    With photos of her and her personal details on it?
    Or do they just have the same name as her?

New User

Status

you can tell the people on myspace to report as bogus. that way it will ge deleted frm other.

myspace is not going to tell you the ip of that person and there is not much you can do with the IP.

-P
    Last edited by HTML; 11-28-2006 at 11:05 PM. Reason: sigs are to be setup in profile once you have enough posts

New User

Status

self promotion removed
    Last edited by HTML; 12-17-2006 at 03:41 PM.

New User

Status

Hey, i cant connect to myspace ( i am on a mac if that is of any relevance) when i do it says "Too many redirects occurred trying to open “http://www.myspace.com/Error.aspx?ET=b77eaf0287a56755123426c198314b30&EO=3bfc94d8185b332a56b1c3d8599d79b9”. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page." can u help at all???

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Grantibean
    Hey, i cant connect to myspace ( i am on a mac if that is of any relevance) when i do it says "Too many redirects occurred trying to open “http://www.myspace.com/Error.aspx?ET=b77eaf0287a56755123426c198314b30&EO=3bfc94d8185b332a56b1c3d8599d79b9”. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page." can u help at all???
    I don't wish to sound sarcastic - actually, I take that back, I do wish to sound sarcastic.
    As helpful as this place is, why have you not first contacted myspace? We're really not equipped to deal with technical issues on other's sites.
    If it had happened here, fine, and I'm sure Dave would bend over backwards to help you, as I would if you reported such an error on my site, and as I'm sure "Tom" will if you contact him. He did for me.
    I do try and help where I can, stay out where I can't, but give me break - there are more and more posts on here which are basically saying "I've done nothing to try and fix this, can you do it for me so I can never come back and help someone else"
    On top of that, you couldn't even be bothered to start your own thread.

New User

Status

lol yh but u see i couldnt contact tom lol as i said i couldnt get into myspace but its all good now i just reset my safari thx anyway

Status

Ah - I see your point.
    My tip for the future is if in doubt, try "webmaster@{problem.site}"