46 users online (0 members and 46 guests)  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Related

1. How to write articles!    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 12
  2. How to get 10,000+ niche articles for SEO    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. HTML Form input types    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3

Status

Types/Subjects of Articles that you want to Read.

This topic should be a basis of different subjects you would like to read about.

Post as many specific subjects as you want, and then someone could just say, Yeah, i'll write an article on that..

How's that sound?

I for one, would Like some articles on marketing your web sites better. Such as increasing sales, hits, and all that good stuff.

Be Yourself

Status
    and Dave, you know how you always keep up that forum topic about the scumware? Could you keep this one up like that for a little while? Just so that we can get as many ideas as we can? And yes, I highly agree with Zaire

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    I assume you mean the way the scumware thread always gets to the top on the front page even without a post. As you know, the content on the front page changes when somebody makes a new post on the forums. This happens when somebody votes on the poll that is in that thread.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status
    Well now, any article ideas?

I might be able to write a few ASP ones as well..

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Keep in mind the demographic of those that would be your audience, the majority of the users here did not come for ASP. Though wouldnt it be nice if we could eventually change that

Simply because of the name Advanced HTML For Beginners and the content that we have already established most people that come here are somewhere in the beginner to intermediate range as far as experience. Based on what I see in log files, I believe the most helpful and therefore give you a bigger audience, thing to do would be to start from the beginning. Mini tutorials covering ftp, htaccess, robots, search engines, browser issues... Get the user hooked on your writing and then take them through the journey to the more complicated with you.

This is a great chance for our silent users to voice thier opinions also, hopefully some will chime in

My .02

Dave

Status
    I didn't mean just this audience.. I plan to share my articles amung my site and yours.

I think I could write an article on WS_FTP LE and Uploading your First Web Page..

How's that Sound?

Be Yourself

Status
    starting with a mail script wouldn't be too advanced would it? I mean a lot newbies/others alike would like to do a little something (or a lot more something) than the 'mailto:'. Or should I start somewhere smaller?

Status
    Actually...

That would be great..

I could probably show you how to send HTML email's as well..

Be Yourself

Status
    Maybe I could write a two-part mail series? I mean there's a lot you could write on... I'm pretty sure I know how to write HTML e-mails already, but on the second part of the mail series I could get into more advanced mail stuff (such as authorization, etc., for stuff such as newsletters.). While I'm writing my frist mail one, who would be willing to write a PHP/MySQL installation one? I think that one would be good to have also.

Dave: Should we create a thread or something where we post our topics/tutorials so as to make sure just in case that we have no overlaps of articles?
    Last edited by Derek; 04-28-2002 at 02:35 PM.

Status
    That was the purpose of this thread... lol

Anywayz,

Do you want to write the mail one, or me 2?

I would gladly write one on PHP 4 Sessions... if you want?

Hrm,

I would also like to write a tutorial on OO PHP style programming..

So, here are my tutorial topics:

PHP4 Sessions
    OO PHP Style

Status
    Having a web page that's not full of all kinds of other stuff but does have an example of what's being discussed would go a long way in helping more experienced users figure out how to actually use it. And, that would make sure the code presented has been debugged.

Administrator

Status

Today I am trying to find some decent software to make storing of articles/tutorials easy, something that would make it easy for the author to submit, the user to surf, and provide for the admin to approve. I am also thinking of the proper way to credit the authors and how to layout tables. If users want to contribute to our database they will have a way to do so, any other sharing would be between you and zaire or whom ever else

Dave

Status
    Originally posted by Dave
    Today I am trying to find some decent software to make storing of articles/tutorials easy, something that would make it easy for the author to submit, the user to surf, and provide for the admin to approve. I am also thinking of the proper way to credit the authors and how to layout tables. If users want to contribute to our database they will have a way to do so, any other sharing would be between you and zaire or whom ever else

Dave

Dave,

We can use sitemodCMS..

So far it has all these things ( minus allowing users to contibute.)

What I can do, is allow a form where a User can submit an article, and then admins approve of it, and add an id for it and such.

So Far, I support author info, ( like sitepoint ) Article commenting, and Rating..

I also have worked on some syndication methods a few times, but nothing really worked out as well as I wanted.

What domain are we using for these articles? Are we featuring articles on different sites? Are we going to start a Development Ring? Like Dave specifying on HTML, me maybe PHP/ASP.. and so on?

These are all details that need to be wrinkeled (sp?) out.

I would gladly donate my software, time, and domain/hosting to doing this.

Also, I have been thinking on an upgrade to sitemod, where I can have it create a forum topic instead of using the comment system.

Such as, I could write an integration mod for vB, where when you add an article, it will create a forum to go with it.

How's this sound?

Eric

*EDIT*

I forgot to mention that sitemod supports normal content, search engine friendly urls ( you can specify meta tags when you add your content/article) and multi page articles. If you want to see a demo of what it's like so far, post here, and I'll assign you a username and password.

* Edit 2 *

When I said I would donate zaireweb.com to this use, I had an idea.

What if we did a layout similar to Sitepoints? We could display the most recent XX Articles on the main page, and when you view the article, you see info about the author..

I kinda have a layout for this purpose already, it's located at http://sitemod.net ( <= being change, and we aren't using it for anything now)..

So, Now what do we do? I started on the OO PHP Tutorial.
    Last edited by Zaire; 04-28-2002 at 04:17 PM.

Be Yourself

Status
    haha sounds like your going all out

Who here installed PHP using php.net and learned how to manually set it up(PHP and MySQL)-because projects such as the one I use, Foxserv, is getting too big I think (40 mb) for some users, so I think the minimal way will be best to write the tutorial on. I for one have never done it that way, so if anyone has I think they should write that article.
    Zaire or Dean, how did you in stall PHP?

I think I'll just write the mail articles, then I'll show them to you and see if there's anything I missed Zaire Because there will probably be somethings I did in error, or in not knowing, and you could tell me what (So I could learn as well )

I would like to see what it's like (sitemod), Zaire

OO PHP eh? Haha your going to have to make the article somewhat convincing for me

My current articles
    PHP Mail
    Keeping Site Stats
    Last edited by Derek; 04-28-2002 at 04:39 PM.

Administrator

Status

Wow, I am out of breath just reading it all

While I certainly do not want to discourage you from what you want to do, but I must repeat as I did previously, the question that was initially raised to me was if I would accept articles/tutorials if they were submitted, this I agree to do if they are well written and would be helpful to our community. I will find a way to recognize those that do contribute.

Anything more than that is between any of you who choose

Dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last