38 users online (0 members and 38 guests)  

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Related

1. How to write articles!    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 12
  2. How to get 10,000+ niche articles for SEO    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. HTML Form input types    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
    Administrator

Status
    I wouldn't mind writing about -

'Welcome to the world of Acronyms' - This will cover what all the different letters mean (html, xml, css, asp, php etc) 'cos it was the scariest thing in the world when I started up.

'Command-line FTP' - You do not need an ftp client to ftp, windoze has one built in. Anyone who knows how to use command-line ftp can understand any ftp client, ever.

'CSS vs HTML' - Why change? This will cover it all.

'The pitfalls of building your first homepage' - you know the stuff covered here.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Be Yourself

Status
    haha I can't wait to see how anti-html your HTML vs CSS will be

Status
    Dave,

I had another idea. If you want to concentrade on HTML and such, I could build a syndication method. Beings you already use PHP, it would be easy to offer this.. I could do it with xml, so that you could customize everything you want...

Also,

Are we agreeing to use sitemodCMS and ZaireWeb.com? If so, Im going to finish sitemodCMS as fast as possible.

What I could actually do,

Is build a xml caching system around sitemod, where you can select all the articles you want to display on your site using a central system, and every hour or so, it grabs the latest information from the xml file, and stores it into a cached file on your server.

How's This?

Also, I think I could write a little article on conforming to XHTML standards if noone has already called this.

Status
    This is a Live Version, im using it to manage user.sitemod.net and sitemod.net..

This is still a alpha/beta, and is only about 50% done..

Feel free to add articles, just don't delete anything ( content displaying is done, just not uploaded).

http://sitemod.net/cp/

demo / demo

Please don't delete anything, I have already had a few jerks visit, that messed with it and broke things.

Also, Adding users don't work, I broke it on accident, but it's kinda good ;P

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Zaire, one thing I wanted to point out in my previous post, I have great respect for Sitepoint, I think trying to copy what they do would only allow you to be second best. Just my thoughts, but do what you want

Again, and this is the LAST time I will state this so please drop the matter, I am not interested in discussing a new website for articles and tutorials. If any users feel compelled to contribute to thier community here with any I will be honored to at the least give the once over, at the most to publish with recognition. If users want to use this thread to discuss what they may wish to contribute than that is great,if they choose to discuss how they do not want to, that is also great. But AHFB is not able to do ANYTHING more than that.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status
    Originally posted by Dave
    Zaire, one thing I wanted to point out in my previous post, I have great respect for Sitepoint, I think trying to copy what they do would only allow you to be second best. Just my thoughts, but do what you want

Again, and this is the LAST time I will state this so please drop the matter, I am not interested in discussing a new website for articles and tutorials. If any users feel compelled to contribute to thier community here with any I will be honored to at the least give the once over, at the most to publish with recognition. If users want to use this thread to discuss what they may wish to contribute than that is great,if they choose to discuss how they do not want to, that is also great. But AHFB is not able to do ANYTHING more than that.

Dave
    First, I didn't mean to copy sitepoint exactly, I just ment article's similar to that.

Second, Im sorry, I got a little to carried away and excited. I really like the idea.

So would anyone else want to contribute there stuff to a central site, as well as here?

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2