55 users online (0 members and 55 guests)  

Thread: Deleting MySQL

Related

1. Replies: 1
  2. Deleting One Site?    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. Deleting records    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 5
    New User

Status

Deleting MySQL

How can i completely uninstall every single little thing and turn off everything that has to do with MySQL so that i can reinstall it so it will actually work?
    Basically I installed it, uninstalled it; and now im tryin for round 2 but it wont let me finish installing everything because it gives me an error at the very end. I forgot what the message it but i'll try installing it again just so i can see what the error message is...

Status

Re: Deleting MySQL

If you're using windows try using the Add/Remove software application in the control panel. Then delete the directory that it was in.

If you're using SLACKWARE linux do this as root at the console or in a term window:
    mysqladmin shutdown
    removepkg mysql* #This will kill anything having been installed with installpkg
    rm -r /var/lib/mysql #This is where your db's are.

If you're using any RedHat derivative root has some kind of package manger under KDE. I don't know what it's called. I don't use RH, but have seen it on occasion.

I'm pretty sure that SUSE and Debian have their own tool to add/remove software under X.

I don't know about any of the Unices.

hth

U
    Last edited by uthus; 08-02-2006 at 06:25 PM.