Results 1 to 1 of 1
Perl Script running - No output - third party software Forum: HTML ForumReplies: 0
Running external program from CGI/Perl Forum: CGI Perl ForumReplies: 2
Perl commands in an input file to cgi script Forum: CGI Perl ForumReplies: 0
Running shell commands from Perl Forum: CGI Perl ForumReplies: 1
I am running a *ree online perl workshop Forum: CGI Perl ForumReplies: 2
08-05-2006, 01:39 AM #1
Running a batch script file from Perl CGI
If any one can throw a light on this would be eternally greatful!
Heres the problem :
- I have a Perl CGI script that is invoked via the web browser.
- This CGI exists in a UNIX machine in my login
- I need to pass a file as argument to an external program called R (A statistical software package) to do some analysis.
- This program also exists in the same machine and on the command line.
- I am aware of the commands that are used in R.
- Using the normal system() command, I could invoke R and send in the parameters as I would manually on the command prompt.
- However, when i call the program to be initiated, the control goes to the program, BUT DOES NOT RETURN to the CGI. And I have to manually exit it. Ofcourse this is not practical.
- What would you advise in this case?
- I was suggested to write all my commands in an R script file. (test.R) and call this file as a batch file from Perl by sending in a file as argument. I was suggested to use --vanilla
- However I am unsure of this syntax and have never written a batch file like this.