38 users online (0 members and 38 guests)  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    New User

Status

Increase Traffic

I'm new here and I was just wondering if anyone could look at my site and give me some tips on increasing traffic. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.
    Rick
    www.countrycustomtile.com

New User

Status

Re: Increase Traffic

Also if anyone can review my site and give me some tips. Thanks so much.
    Rick

Status

Talking Re: Increase Traffic

My two cents worth (In order of effectiveness):

Backlinks, Backlinks, Backlinks to your site: looks like you have very few links coming to your site from other (high PR sites - remember a backlink from a PR0 site is useless). The links have to be from high PR# sites and RELEVANT.

List with DMOZ and other Free directories, or pay to get listed with some good PR# sites/pages.

Have optimized the home page or your other pages for any single keyword yet? This is something that gets overlooked all the time. Pick a keyword (max of three) for each page, and optimize the page for that keyword. That keyword will give you the type of pages/links you want to have backlinking into the page.

(Personal Preference here) I usually strip as much gunk out of the page that I don't need and try and get the content higher up. I would put your CSS stylesheet externally. That will cut down the code between the start of your page and the copy.

(Personal Preference here) The design of your site is such that you could put all the page copy in three DIV tags using CSS positioning. You could also put the header in a DIV as well. Next step would be to put the content/copy DIV at the top of your page. This reduces all the code you need for holding table cells. (This will work on the home page for you, the section pages you would need to template out) This gets your copy to the top fast, and spidered first.

New User

Status

I would start by changing the format colors of your site black is one of the colors that people don't respond to that much. Even though you have white reversed type. Try a more appealing color(s) like blue, green and reds keep it in the color of not heavy on the dark side but not too light.

New User

Status

I will see what I can do. Does the color of my site really make a big difference

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

I try not to get involved with site reviews, but some times I will make a brief exception.

When I first saw your site, the first thing that came to mind was the colors. For a personal site black is fine, but if you want to convey a professional business image black should be your last choice.

D
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

Thanks for the reply. I will jsut have to change my color sceme. Once again thanks so much for the help
    Rick

Disabled

Status

Wink Re: Increase Traffic

Hello...

Hi try using a neutral color greys or light colors.

since you asked about increasing traffic, i personally get good results from banner exchanges as well as forums and blogs.

dont be affraid to contact owners of sites with populer traffic or that are simuler to yours. Ask them if they wouldnt mind placing a link on their site for a couple bucks.

yoemanspiffy.... has the correct idea,links links links,but i beg to differ about PR,what i mean is sure its nice getting your site listed in a directory with high PR but dont exclude anysite just because they dont have a PR yet.
    Many sites might be new but dont forget that sooner or later they do get a PR and wouldnt suck if you passed them up and later came back to see they are a PR 5 or 6 and now they charge to be included due to the fact you blew them off before cause they had no rank? somthing to think about.
    Also if your linking with other sites make sure that you both have very simuler or relevent content as this will help you out big time! If you dont you could be hurting yourself more than helping.

thanks
    malcolm

Status

Biz-,
    Yes, you are right of course, my point being if you have limited time, go for the higher PR back links.

Thats what my group suffers with: time. Why can't they just add another 10 hours in the day...

Disabled

Status

Hello....

yea i wish the day consisted of 30 hours as i could get more results faster....lol but we have to get by i guess with what we have for now. Maybe google would give out PR ranks in half the time.

thanks
    malcolm

New User

Status

Yes the look and feel of your site is important. Important once you actually get your visitors there. You can make one of the most professional and eye-pleasing site but you will have lost precious time and effort if no one is veiwing your page. If it is traffic that you want, you will want to try driving traffic from several different forms.

Now SEO is of the upmost importance when starting out. It is a source of countless page views if done correctly, although how to do that correctly is another topic all together. ( I will share what I can in the SEO section as well as here)

Beyond SEO what do we have? Well that depends on your budget. Don't have a lot spend? Consider free traffic exchanges, posting useful and informative responses on forums, exchanging links with webmasters who own like content websites, FFA safe list sites. These are all great resources to use and most are free.

If you have a budget, you can use the paid versions of traffic exchanges, google adsense, buying adspace on established websites.

The latter produces quicker results, but wether you have money or not, the more of these you use in your traffic gaining goals the more successful you will be.

These techniques will bring you visitors, but consider if your site has blocks in place to assure that they return. You can bring millions to your site, but I can be sure that if they have no reason to return, they most likely won't. I will write a seperate topic covering ways to bring visitors back to your site soon.

Best Regards,
    John

New User

Status

Quote Originally Posted by mrcountry
    I'm new here and I was just wondering if anyone could look at my site and give me some tips on increasing traffic. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.
    Rick
    www.countrycustomtile.com
    Hi saw your site i would deff start with the back links its one of the best ways to get free promotion of your site, as for increasing the traffic flow i used a traffic site on my web site thought why not give it a go but i got what i paid for and my site is doing quite well let me know how it goes, the site i used is http://www.*********************.net/

New User

Status

The color and layout are good DONOT change. you have good google page rank but 2,783,449 on alexa.com. Signup with auto surf programs and visit your own site every day. Your site will go up very fast but remeber there are not that many people online look for tile repair or install. You Should place pictures of custom work you have done and get links to home and garden sites. Good Luck

Disabled

Status

Ok you have a good idea, but u need to remodel it man. The black is way to strong and destroys the overall appeal of the front page. I love the eagle but you can really clean up the site, use greys instead and maybe consider hiring a web designers or learning on your own, how to remake the logo and make the front page look more appealing and hold the visitor.

New User

Status

Try centering the whole page.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last