43 users online (0 members and 43 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 7
  2. 100% Height on nested DIVs?    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. nested divs in mozilla...    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 2
  4. Images, Layers, and Divs... Oh my.    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 2
  5. Nested Divs instead of table    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Positioning of DIVs

OK I hope this comes across fairly clearly. I myself had troubles trying to figure out what my coworkers were in need of, so here goes nothing!

The dilemma is my coworkers are trying to figure if it is possible using CSS to position a DIV (div2) relative to another DIV's positioning (the height would be %-based)...does that make any sense?

So basically, say if div1 was rendered on the page and it's height would be percentage based, is it possible to position div2 so that is always rests below the div above it?

Thanks

Noel

New User

Status

Re: Positioning of DIVs

Hey Noel
    I've been using css for about 6 months now and If I am understanding you correctly than yes that is possible. However, css as you probably found out by now is a little tricky when you use % or inherit bassed.

Just watch your numbers and watch your other pages, cause what looks good on the page your working on, can lead to a mess on the others. This I know from experience.

I hope this helps!
    JoeY

New User

Status

Re: Positioning of DIVs

Thanks Joey for the reply...I told them what you said but they still are looking for an example(s) online, SO if you know of one could you post it?
    Thanks
    Noel