43 users online (0 members and 43 guests)  

Related

1. Website Disappeared from Google    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 10
  2. How to save my website from google penalization    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. UK website rank 2 google for sale    Forum: Websites For Sale
    Replies: 1
  4. website disappeared from all search engines    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 8
    New User

Status

Post MY website suddenly disappeared from google ?

Dear Friends,
    I have got a website called www.furnitureonsale.co.uk
    I don know why it disappeared suddenly from google & Yahoo ?
    Can you please help me asap.
    Attn: admin Please sort this out.
    Thank you.

Status

Re: MY website suddenly disappeared from google ?

I just found your home page in Google and Yahoo. Since you just registered your site on June 18, 2006, I wouldn't be too worried about your site not showing up in the search engines. It can take a while for that to happen, and even longer for a site to get fully indexed.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

Sorry.... but i couldnt view your site... it said site offline....

Normally i take 6 to 9 months for google to index your site. Don't worry...

loon
    Last edited by HTML; 09-14-2006 at 05:31 AM.

New User

Status

Hi all, The same thing happened to me. I had (notice I used the word had) a website for three years on the web. Everything was going fine, I was at the top of the first page in many search engines including google, yahoo, MSN and many others. I decided to build a new site as it needed to be updated and we needed a larger site. I wrote it in HTML/CSS and changed the file names, eg. instead of 005.htm and so on I changed them to something.htm. for each page. In less than one weeks time every page on all search engines where gone......poof! I'm in panic mode as I'm hoping they will be re-index but I do not know for sure. Does anyone have any idea what's happened and can it be fixed? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.J

Status

Quote Originally Posted by jammer View Post
    Hi all, The same thing happened to me. I had (notice I used the word had) a website for three years on the web. Everything was going fine, I was at the top of the first page in many search engines including google, yahoo, MSN and many others. I decided to build a new site as it needed to be updated and we needed a larger site. I wrote it in HTML/CSS and changed the file names, eg. instead of 005.htm and so on I changed them to something.htm. for each page. In less than one weeks time every page on all search engines where gone......poof! I'm in panic mode as I'm hoping they will be re-index but I do not know for sure. Does anyone have any idea what's happened and can it be fixed? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.J
    Is your site on a new domain, or have you just changed the names of all the pages? If a new domain, you're basically starting over. It can take a while to get you site back in the search engines, so you'll just have to be patient. If it's a page rename problem, just put redirects in place from the old pages to the new ones. If you need details on how to do that, just tell us whether you're on Linux or Windows hosting, as that will make a difference as to how you do the redirects.

New User

Status

Hi, Thanks for replying. I have the same domain. I just changed the names of the pages. I believe I'm on windows hosting. How will redirects work if I do not come up in searches any longer? Shouldn't there at least be a page to redirect from? I did put up a custom DNS (404) page letting customers know we were still there with a link to our site on it but now I noticed that most pages are simply gone from the SE now. Thanks, J

Status

This may or may not get you back into the search engines quickly. It all depends on how long you've been gone from there. The reason I say that is that I've noticed when I remove pages from my site, the search engines still look for them for quite a while after they're gone.

What I would do is make a page with the old name for each of the pages whose names have changed and put the following code in them:

Code:
    <%
    Response.Redirect "newfile.asp"
    %>
    where newfile.asp is the name of the page you want to redirect this page to. If the search engines find the old pages, they'll quickly be redirected to the new ones, and at least in theory, will get you back into the search engines.

New User

Status

Thanks for the reply. I am able to do redirects with my hosting company. They explained how to do it, however it did not work (I may be doing something wrong). I'm wondering if I should upload my old website since it has the "pages" that use to be there. Can I upload them into another directory then point the redirect from there to the new site? Thanks, J

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

You really need to do a 301 redirect. It may help to post the code you used.

D
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

Dave, thanks for the response. it looks as if yahoo and google have started to index the pages as well as other search engines. There is a few that have not: MSN, All The Web and some others. How do you do a "301" redirect? Thanks, J

Status

Quote Originally Posted by jammer View Post
    How do you do a "301" redirect? Thanks, J
    Read this page first, then click on the Redirects link in that page.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

A 301 is what V-J was instructing you to do.
    Edit:I was refering back to http://www.ahfb2000.com/webmaster_he...00&postcount=7 for windows, V-Js post above is for apache.
    D
    Last edited by HTML; 04-03-2007 at 09:53 PM.
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting