43 users online (1 members and 42 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 3
  2. Replies: 0
  3. Help registered Domain but    Forum: One Stop Domains Forum
    Replies: 4
  4. Problems w/ newly registered domain name    Forum: One Stop Domains Forum
    Replies: 37
    New User

Status

I think every domain already registered

Hi,
    I'm searching for a really nice domain name for soccer realted website but I cannot find any which is nice. It seems that almost all good domain names are registered already but these nice domain names doesn't have content. All you can see are ads.
    Is it ok to have an alternative .net domain? But I would like to have a .COM
    How about domain with hypen? for alternative.
    Oh, well. I just feel confused. I should have started my website a long time ago

Status

Re: I think every domain already registered

Many domains are registered by company bots so that they can hike the price up.
    You just have to keep searching for an unregistered one. Many of the companies that sell hosting also register domains, and they often have a domain name searcher that will also suggest available alternatives for you.
    Hyphens are not a problem in a domain name - personally any domain that's more that two words stuck together (with or without a hyphen) annoys me, but that may be just me
    For example, I'd be fine seeing soccerweekly.com or soccer-weekly.com but not with my-soccer-site-with-up-to-date-stats.com, or even worse mysoccersitewithuptodatestats.com

New User

Status

wow i just tried a few domains with 'soccer' in it and all were taken? wow...
    maybe try using football instead of soccer or something
    otherwise you may have to use .info, .net, .org, etc.

New User

Status

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyme View Post
    Hi,
    I'm searching for a really nice domain name for soccer realted website but I cannot find any which is nice. It seems that almost all good domain names are registered already but these nice domain names doesn't have content. All you can see are ads.
    Is it ok to have an alternative .net domain? But I would like to have a .COM
    How about domain with hypen? for alternative.
    Oh, well. I just feel confused. I should have started my website a long time ago
    Have no fear! What you WANT is a .com url that is -short -easy & keyworded I had a HARD time finding any that were taken. SOCCER130.COM is available! SOCCER150.COM is available! MY1SOCCERBALL.COM is available! MYSOCCERTRICKS.COM is available! MYSOCCERPLAYERS.COM is available! MYSOCCERPLAYERS100.COM is available! SOCCERPLAYERS100.COM is available! MY1SOCCERSITE.COM is available!

New User

Status

I think instead of getting some obscure .com url such as mysoccertipsrevealed.com or something you should just get a .net or .info domain name.
    Sometimes when I can't find a good domain name for a topical website then I use .net or other top level domains.
    You can also try the secondary market such as Godaddy's buy/sell domain name service to try and find a really good soccer or sports site name if that's important for you to have a .com

New User

Status

Heres my rule list when buying a domain

- Always get a .com
    - Never use hyphens
    - Try not to use number unless it is relevant or brandable
    - Keep it at 1 or 2 words
    - If you desired domain is taken, use the word plus a generic term in front or behind it

Example:

MrSoccer.com
    SoccerKing.com
    SoccerMania.com

(those are probably already taken, but for example)

New User

Status

Why don't you like hyphens in your domain names?

New User

Status

It is nit easy to get a very good .com domain name this days, try to come up with five new names, if you dont get them in .com extension you can get them in other domain extensions. Good luck

New User

Status

In the eight years I have been creating websites I have heard this more times than I can count, but it's HOGWASH!
    In that time I have purchased hundreds of domain names and I would't buy one I didn't like. You just need to be tenacious. I added two new ones last week.
    I still believe .com is best, since it's the one browsers automatically use and I don't like hyphens because they are hard to spell. If you give your domain name to someone on the telephone, what do you say? dash? hyphen? Then they go enter mydashdomain and get a page not found. Why confuse the issue?
    As far as writting it out, I use caps to make it easy to read. MyLongDomain works for me and if you create graphics for it, you can make it very obvious.
    Just some thoughts from a new guy.

New User

Status

Look at expired domain names. You can get free lists from many websites. Then use a filter program to find domains with the keywords related to the site you are developing. A good free filter program is the aloud domain filter.

New User

Status

What exactly filter program do you mean? Can you provide a link?