30 users online (0 members and 30 guests)  

Related

1. Layout alignment problem    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 16
  2. Replies: 6
  3. Replies: 5
  4. Layout problem on Safari (Mac)    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 3
  5. Strange problem with print css    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

Strange Problem (layout)

I've had a myspace for a while now and im usaly great with making and creating my own layouts. I decided to change my myspace up a little and make it mini. and I wanted this layout here: (2nd one down)
    http://www.myspacelayoutsweb.com/mini.htm
    so i took and pasted the code it gave me into "About me section"...ieven tried earasing everything from about me section and putting it in..but it does not work! it just changes my background color of my original layout.
    why? is it a problem with the code? or my myspace? it says "If you have any problems installing the Mini MySpace Layouts then please consult our http://www.myspace-codes.com/"]MySpace Codes site! " and i did and there is nothing there to help me.
    can u help me? all help will be appreciated

New User

Status

Re: Strange Problem (layout)

It just looks like the code they put up is badly written. Are you familiar with CSS? If you know even a little bit, I'm sure you could go through and correct some things. (I would suggest breaking up the lines, too, since it doesn't affect the code and will be easier for you to see what you're doing.)

In many places they forgot the final ; after the code right before the closing } symbol. That may be why certain colors, etc, aren't showing up - I don't know just how forgiving CSS is, but I'm pretty sure the final ; is required. Right at the bottom, too, they put a <br> after the final scrollbar code, which also needs to be replaced with a ; and followed by a } .

Most importantly, there's no picture in the background-image:url(); tag. If that background they show is supposed to be part of their free dealy, you need to get the URL to it and put it inbetween the parenthesis so it shows up.

I'm not sure what else might be going wrong without testing it and being able to see a larger example of what it's supposed to be from their site, but I would start there. Good luck!

Status

Re: Strange Problem (layout)

You don't need a ; on the final tag in a list.