41 users online (0 members and 41 guests)  

Super Dooper Nerd

Status

Need some seggestions on improvements...

I would like to get this website rolling, but need to get some SEO going on it.

I currently have zoints SEO installed, and plan on installing vbseo in the future, however for now i am looking for improvements of what could be done to the description, meta, content, exc...

I know some about SEO, but for some reason when it comes to SEO i simply "suck"

here's the link:
    http://www.wsforums.com

Any comments are appreciated,
    -ALL

New User

Status

Re: Need some seggestions on improvements...

Hiya,

well, your meta tags look good, although it wouldn't hurt to put in a few more keywords . Have you considered setting up rss with your forum. That alone will boost your seo placement. Try using ajax to set up an rss feed.

Here is a tutorial on ajax:
    http://www.w3schools.com/ajax/default.asp

Other than that. You could set up an affiliate program with like content forums.

Best of Luck,

John Guanzon

Super Dooper Nerd

Status

vBulletin comes with rss feed support. As for the keywords, i will probably re-do some of my keywords in a few days.

New User

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ALL
    vBulletin comes with rss feed support. As for the keywords, i will probably re-do some of my keywords in a few days.
    awesome, well other than that it's just a matter of time, and building backlinks. You could have a promotion banner for members to add to their sites.

Another option would be to submit a few articles that you write pertaining to topics from your forum, and make sure to place anchored text links to your site within the author resource section.

That can help build backlinks and search engine traffic.