50 users online (0 members and 50 guests)  

Related

1. About tabs    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. generate tabs dynamically in java script    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. can you place tabs on your page?    Forum: HTML Forum
  4. Navigational Structures    Forum: General Discussion
    New User

Status

Help needed creating Navigational Tabs

My present website is: www.distantreplay.org
    I would like to add a page that has navigational tabs like the on on the www.wfan.com website. The SCOREBOARD feature on the far right is what I'd like to add, but obviously modify it to display MY SCORES.
    I am familiar with using iframes, but I have not figured out how to do these tabs and get the formatting like they have.
    Thanks in advance
    sim

Super Dooper Nerd

Status

Re: Help needed creating Navigational Tabs

here is the site they are using to get the content:

http://www.sportsline.com/modules/scoresDOM/content?no_logo=1

New User

Status

Thanks for pointing me to the page. I should have posted that I already had that link and tried to open it in FrontPage, but could not edit.
    I'm looking to setu something very similar for my site. Any ideas ?

Super Dooper Nerd

Status

you cannot edit any iframe that is not targeted at your domin or targeted at about:blank.

This is simply put not allowed and for once there is NO workaround! (stupid huh?)

let me explain why they dont allow this...

If i had a google ad on my site and decided to make a javascript that extracted those links and re-direct everyone too them, i would make alot of money... so along time ago they decided to not allow anyone to edit a frame that is not to their own domain.

There is but one solution and would slow your server down and probably make your site load alot slower... you can use a server side language like php, asp, cgi, exc... then have that script get the info from that url then do whatever you need too it then reurn the edited site to it.

but well... best idea would be to just find a sports site that offers something similer, but allows only certain teems or whatever,
    -ALL

New User

Status

My bad here...I guess I'm confusing everyone trying to help me. What I want to do is create MY OWN page with tabs that is similar to the one that cbs sportsline has. I don't want to modify their info or use their page as an inline frame. I want to create my own, albeit static / not dynamic, and have it with a similar look/feel. I just didn't know how to do the "tab" affect.

Super Dooper Nerd

Status

what i reccomend doing is getting FireFox then download and install the "Web Developer" extension. Then under "view source" there is an option called "view generated source"

Then copy all the html found there, into whatever html IDE you use and then find out all the html/css they use and just copy their ideas...

That is how i learnt HTML/CSS, JavaScript, and PHP is from looking at other people's code.

-ALL