34 users online (1 members and 33 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 1
  2. Replies: 1
  3. Are you licensed to use HTML frames?    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 12
  4. more HTML frames    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4
  5. HTML Frames    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
    allstarr

Post more about....

frames. How do I put 3 frames on the page, when one of then goes from left-to-right, and the two others are split up-to-down. Or I'll put it this way, 2 use cols, and the other uses rows. I don't have it on a page, and I don't want to mess up the page that's in place, since I've got most of my site of now.

Status

What you have to do is to create 2 rows, and inside one of the rows, you have 2 colums, using the framecode from the start. I don't have the proper code right with me right now, so I am not sure.

------------------
    Allyn -

allstarr

dave?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

It is really not complicated at all.
    Create your regular framepage using rows, make one of these target windows a frame page which divides by colums.

Dave

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Originally posted by allstarr:
    dave?
    Sorry I have been very busy getting the new site up, the server was set up friday and I have been going nuts trying to get everything just right before I open it.

Dave

allstarr

Could you give me some kind of example on that? And I didn't mean it that way, I only meant it to mean, ""Dave?"What's your opinion?""

Administrator

Status

Lightbulb

Its called nested frames.

Basically, you have your frames page with two rows, right? "600,*" or something.

The bigger frame at the bottom goes to another webpage, 'cos thats how frames work.Now heres the funky bit.

The webpage that you "target", lets call it bigger.html, only has another frame page in it.And THAT frame page has the two columns you want to show below.

So we got the original page,divided in two ,top+bottom, but the bottom part of that page is divided further, into left and right.So you end up with three frames in the same page.You can take nesting to ridiculous extremes.

Hope that makes it clearer.I'm a teensy bit drunk, so may be wittering.
    ------------------
    QuietDean-