37 users online (0 members and 37 guests)  

Related

1. HTML background help    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 5
  2. Background help    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 6
  3. CSS background    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 3
  4. background mp3    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. background help    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Unhappy background on myspace

I pretty much know nothing about myspace. I am trying to get a background. I am assuming that the background should cover the entire page of a myspace. Mine is showing up just at the top of the page on each side of the banner at the top. Am I assuming the wrong thing? Could someone help me?

New User

Status

Re: background on myspace

I had just previously figured out how to get a myspace background and page layouts. What you do is search for my space page layouts or background websites in the search engine and you pick your layout/background. Go to Your myspace profile and copy and paste the coding into your "about me" area.

New User

Status

That is what I did and the background only showed up on both sides of the banner at the top. Not on the whole page. I read something about making the page clear first but I tried that too. Well obviously I didn't do something right because it still won't work.

New User

Status

Find the place where you are putting in the link for your chosen background. There is a specific piece of coding that tells the picture where, how many, and big it needs to be. If you are using CSS; putting this after the url should make it work for you:
    ;background-repeat:repeat;

New User

Status

Thumbs up Re: background on myspace

http://www.freemyspacelayouts.org/downloadsmyspace.asp?itemid=4984

Go here and copy and paste a code right into your myspace.

Go to Myspace Home/edit profile/About me/

Make sure the about me is empty then paste the code in there. It should work.

New User

Status

I have put in a code for a background but it only shows up at the top of the page. I need to know how to get it over the total page. If someone can help with really simple/detailed instructions I would sure appreciate it.

New User

Status

I too have the same problem.

I have generated custom layouts on several different generators. It always looks fine until I then paste the code into my "About me" and view it on Myspace.

Then I always end up with a big white box that descends from the top banner ad right down the middle of the page. My custom background image can only be seen sticking out along the sides of this white box.

I ahve tried every option in the generators including the Transparent Box option. This just makes the smaller boxes (ie About Me, Friends, Comments) transparent but there is still this huge white box that covers most of the background image.

I tried using the "myspace layout stealer" to see if I could just get someone else's code that doesn't have this problem but the "Stealer" never actually works.

Sucks.

New User

Status

I was able to use "myspace stealer" to grab code from my freind's page that DOES NOT have this problem.

When I copy the exact same code into the "about me" section and then check my page it still has this white box running from top to bottom through the center of my page.

The correct background image is repeating properly but its burried under the white box.

So whatever this box is it has priority over any background image and apparently cannot be edited.