117 users online (1 members and 116 guests)  

1. Passing PHP variable to Javascript    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 5
  2. Passing username through a form    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. Replies: 2
  4. convert a perl variable to javascript variable    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 0
  5. Replies: 5
    New User

Help!! - passing variable

I have a form that submits data to my ecommerce gateway for credit card orders that looks like this...

<FORM action="https://www.linkpointcentral.com/lpc/servlet/lppay" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="storename" value="123456">
    <input type="hidden" name="txnorg" value="eci">
    <input type="hidden" name="chargetotal" value="13.99">
    <input type="hidden" name="mode" value="fullpay">
    <input type="hidden" name="txntype" value="sale">
    <INPUT type="submit" value="Continue to secure payment form"> </Form>

as you can see above the charge total in this example is constant.... 13.99.

I want to change that so that the value of the chargetotal can be set in a hidden input tag or cookie on another HTML page and passed to the form above so that whatever chargetotal is set on that html page is what is passed thru and then to linkpoint.

Any help on how I can get a value from a hidden input tag or cookie on an HTML page passed to an HTML page containing the form above so I can have one page passing the info to linkpoint

What I am trying to accomplish is having many different pages advertising single products - all using the same payment page to send the necessary data to linkpoint - as linkpoint requires all transactions come from an approved url (as designated in my linkpoint set up) - I can have more than one...but I have one already set up for my shopping cart, one for my membership script at the site - and I'd like to designate another approved url (ie: http://www.xxxxxxx.com/pay.html) (or pay.cgi or what it takes to get this done)) to handle all other single transactions.
    I don't want to use the javascript query string method (I want a constant url not switches...with ?'s etc.
    I guess a cookie method would be fine if it turned the cookie into a hidden field "chargetotal" to be passed to linkpoint

Last edited by HTML; 03-16-2007 at 10:58 AM.