35 users online (1 members and 34 guests)  

Related

1. 'Searching' an array    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 8
  2. Searching files FILEHANDLES    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. Searching    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Help with CGI script for searching

Hi,
    I maintain this site for a local non-profit and I had to switch hosts and the script for the search engine is now not working.
    I thought I went through and updated all the permissions and I updated the configuration file as well but when I go to index the site or use the search engine, I receive this message:
    The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
    The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log.

I've checked the error logs and this is the only thing I find. It is repeated over and over throughout the log.
    [Wed Jan 10 19:15:40 2007] [error] (2)No such file or directory: Apache::SubProcess exec of /usr/local/users/hy/p/s/hy.psychcarenetwork/perl5.8.0 failed

The page where the script is located is:
    www.psychcarenetwork.org/cgi-bin/search-3.20/indexer.pl and www.psychcarenetwork.org/cgi-bin/search-3.20/search.pl
    I've run a script checker on the hosting sites Web site and it says this:
    Checked home/cgi-bin/search-3.20/conf.pl

/home/users/web/b2286/hy.psychcarenetwork/cgi-bin/search-3.20/conf.pl syntax OK
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I updated the configuration file with the new path for directory and made sure the files are set to 755, with the exception of indexer.pl, which is set to 700.

New User

Status

Re: Help with CGI script for searching

I am now getting this error message:
    Compilation failed in require at /home/users/web/b2286/hy.psychcarenetwork/cgi-bin/search-3.20/indexer.pl line 54.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at indexer_web.pl line 23.
    Can't locate MD5.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 . /home/users/web/b2286/hy.psychcarenetwork/cgi-bin/search-3.20) at indexer_web.pl line 23.

Along with this from the search page:
    Software error:

Cannot open /home/users/web/b2286/hy.psychcarenetwork/cgi-bin/search-3.20/data/inv_index: at /home/users/web/b2286/hy.psychcarenetwork/cgi-bin/search-3.20/search.pl line 70.For help, please send mail to the webmaster (cgiadmin@yourhostingaccount.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.