30 users online (1 members and 29 guests)  

Related

1. I can't figure this out...    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 5
  2. Replies: 4
  3. Replies: 2
  4. Replies: 4
    New User

Status

Angry Can't figure out these Validation codes!!

I have a graphic design business, my website www.vtgraphix.com has 31 validation errors. I cant figure out how to fix them!!!
    When it tells you the errors, I check them in the code, but i dont see them???!!
    I can't figure it out.
    I used Dreamweaver & i don't see any errors.
    Please help me!!

New User

Status

Re: Can't figure out these Validation codes!!

I should tell you that the majority of the errors have something to do with the margins.

Status

I assume you're using validator.w3.org to do your code validation, right? Enter your http address in the address bar, then hit the Check button to validate. Next, click the check box titled Show Source. Click the Revalidate button. Not only will your errors appear but beneath them, the source code for your web page.

I don't use DreamWeaver, so I don't know if it's possible to do this inside DW, but you'll most likely have to edit the raw page code to fix all your errors.

Tip: That first error, which is complaining about your stylesheet, is doing so because it is outside of the <head></head> area of your web page. I haven't looked at the other errors.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

thanks, i cant believe i didnt catch that first one. But the majority of all the other problems are non-existant when i view the code in DW?
    Is there any one who would be willing to tackle this? or explain to me how to fix it in notepad without screwing up my entire site

Status

You shouldn't have to edit the code in Notepad. Bear in mind that I don't use DW, but some Googling yielded the option to use F10 (HTML inspector). If that doesn't show you the HTML code, look into DW Help to see how you do it. That'll be better because you can undo as much as you need if you mess things up.

Once you get into that HTML edit view, if you have specific questions about those validation errors, we'll be glad to help.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more