40 users online (1 members and 39 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 1
  2. How to install a forum    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

MySQL Install Help Mac OS X

I've been trying for about 2 weeks now but everything i try ends up with the following:

brian-pearces-ibook-g4:/usr/local/mysql brianpearce$ sudo ./bin/mysqld_safe
    ./bin/mysqld_safe: line 1: ./bin/my_print_defaults: cannot execute binary file
    ./bin/mysqld_safe: line 1: ./bin/my_print_defaults: cannot execute binary file
    Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/local/mysql/data
    STOPPING server from pid file /usr/local/mysql/data/brian-pearces-ibook-g4.local.pid
    070114 17:44:11 mysqld ended

I've been fighting with every install i can find nothing works. If i try to access MySQL through the system preferences i get "Could not load mysql"

I'm running Mac OS 10.4.8 and I'm using the package mysql-standard-5.0.27-osx10.4-i686.dmg supplied from the mysql website.

Any help would be appreciated.

New User

Status

Re: MySQL Install Help Mac OS X

did you ever find an answer to this problem?

thanks.

New User

Status

Hey,
    I did eventually get it all worked out but it was a few months ago and i do not remember exactly what was at fault, but I am going to be doing the install again soon (another compy) I'll be sure to post back the process i use for this one,

sorry,

-brianp

New User

Status

Please do so. I'm desperate to setup mysql on my mac, and I can't find the answer. Can you record it with iShowU application. They have a demo version and it's easy to use to record your screen. It creates a quicktime movie. Or, please let me know exactly what you did.